“A wonderful experience for my daughters and I!”
Review of Cross Zee Ranch

Cross Zee Ranch
Ranked #22 of 61 things to do in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: A horseback riding ranch offering many scenic trails.
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

While staying in Canmore I was looking for a ranch for trail riding with my girls aged 9 and 12. Cross Zee appealed to me because it seemed like a smaller and less busy operation. I was not disappointed! Our guide Krista was wonderful; so great with my daughters. She told us things about the vegetation and animals in the area as we were on the trail. The horses were extremely gentle and well-cared for. The best part was that the three of us had Krista all to ourselves on our Ranger Ride! We all felt safe and were even lucky enough to see two deer on our ride. The view of course was stunning!

I was so pleased with our experience and would recommend Cross Zee Ranch to anyone! Especially families. Today's ride was a dream come true for my girls who have dreamed of riding horses their whole lives :)

A great day!

2  Thank Doulamel

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My son and I recently visited the ranch and had a very enjoyable afternoon ride. The scenery was great and as an owner of horses myself I found the horses provided were well behaved and sure footed as the trails are sometimes narrow and steep. Great ride for those who enjoy trail riding at a leisurely pace.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We booked a one hour trail ride with Cross Zee while we were staying in Canmore. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and it is a much smaller operation than some of the trail ride companies, so it turns out it was just our family and the guide. The horses were well behaved and well cared for. We were very happy with our trail ride and I would heartily recommend Cross Zee.

Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Cross Zee riding - horses excellent, Jim led us on a forest trail in our first visit, bear clawmarks on trees! Our second visit was led by the delightful Tara, on a ridge ride. Definitely a must do.

1  Thank DrMikeAllan
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Had a very bad experience, horses spooked by the Owner's dog, who had no place on the trail. Thrown from my horse, luckily unhurt. Guide was inexperienced, not a clue what to do. Owner avoided dealing with the situation. No response.

12  Thank Peter1147