“Great place for the whole family!”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We loved our stay. Loved the historic biographies on on the walls of the pub. My children thought it was the "coolest" hotel we have stayed in, and we have stayed in alot of places. Nice to be in a place with real people and real service, not the cookie cutter corporate places. Hope to be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We have stayed at the Georgetown four times in the past three months and each time have really enjoyed our stays! The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The service is exceptional. The restaurant-pub have great meals including a yorkshire pudding that would rival the best! The breakfast is very tasty and plentiful servings. You can enjoy any of the meals on their fun patio that has a great view of ha-ling peak! We will return!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This is my second night at the Georgetown inn. Last night the air conditioner went out and the hair dryer. I left a message with the front desk in the morning and came back after a full day of hiking. The AC still does not work, the hair dryer works for a few seconds then shuts off. They did not clean the bathroom today either. The girl at the front desk said 'I'll leave a note for the manager who comes in at 8am.'
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed at this inn 6 years ago for our honeymoon and was so happy to see the hotel and staff were just as amazing now as 6 years ago. I would say to anyone who is looking for a really comfortable friendly place to stay this is one of the best. It's not a huge hotel so the service you receive is more personal.
Thank you Georgetown Inn.

Lorrie & John

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skye300
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We spent one night at the Georgetown Inn in early March. We were warmly greeted, and the room was clean - the bed extremely comfortable. It was a mini-suite actually, with electric fireplace and lounge area. The facility has a pub/restauarant but closes early enough that sleep is not disturbed. We ate brunch the following morning - excellent and very good pricing. Parkling is a bit of a premium,.as the pub is busy - but staff were very accomodating - so no inconvenience to us. Prioperty is well located and staff very pleasant. It has anice "homey" feel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the outdoor patio - nice.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimberTom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We are British Canadians who live in Edmonton Alberta. We adore the mountains and decided on Canmore for this trip and as it was my husbands birthday, I booked this Inn due to the British menu and I am very pleased I did! Booking was via email/internet and my questions were answered quickly. On arrival we were quickly checked in with very friendly and personal service. We ate supper in the bar and my goodness! The beef and yorkshire puddings were worthy of the English Yorkshire dales and the shepherds pie was absolutely amazing. Our room was lovely and comfortable with a British feel (the whole place has). We ate breakfast in the bar the next morning, I had the omelette and my husband and daughter had sausage, bacon and egg - amazing - all of it! Katie, a member of the restaurant team was fabulous, friendly, positive and very attentive to our daughter Katie who is still raving about Katie E! Katie made us feel so comfortable and at home, as did every other member of the Georgetown Inn team that we will be back! It situated outside of the downtown but not more than 10 minutes walk. 10-15 minutes away is the rec centre if you want to go for a swim (the new one will be built in 2012 and will be 5 mins away!!).

Back to the Georgetown! We watched a football/soccer match in the TV room and had great service and once again, Katie E entertained our Katie J! We went for a siesta after the game (Barcelona won) and came back for supper! We had the beef in guiness pie and oh my God! Amazing!!!!!!!!!! The weather was mild so we had a few more drinks on the patio with lovely views and our daughter entertained us with yoga and dancing!! Retired to our lovely comfy beds refreshed for the next day. Had breakfast again and left without haste for some more adventures and then back home to Edmonton.

If you visit (which I recommend), visit the 1st floor corridoor where you will see pictures and text with regard to movies which have happened in and around the rocky mountains! Very interesting for sure.

We will be back and we cannnot wait!!! Thank you to all at The Georgetown Inn, we had a fabulous time.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruthiesid
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed at the Georgetown because of it's association with the Charming Inns of Alberta. I found my room very clean, tidy and very spacious. King size bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a very quiet and peaceful sleep. Breakfast was tasty. All staff members that I encountered were friendly and efficient. Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo