“Amazing :)”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing :)”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was such cute and dainty little Inn!
I spent two nights in the Victorian room and am more than satisfied! All I wanted was a hotel that had a room with a spa bath... Well, generally, in Banff or Canmore, to get any hotel room with a spa bath, you are likely to pay an astronomical amount of money. However, the Victorian room at this Inn was very cheap and the spa bath was huge and lovely! I was so pleased that there was a fireplace as well! The small and cozy Inn was nice and quiet as I stayed during the week, the sound of the train (that you can't escape anywhere in Canmore anyway) wasn't too bad at all and never woke me up during my sleep.

All in all I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else my next trip to Canmore. (I have stayed in a number of hotels in Canmore and this was by-far the best thus far!)

Oh! The one thing I would recommend is microwaves in the rooms would be really nice. I was on a tight budget and brought a bunch of microwavable food that I was unable to eat.

Emily, was one of the staff that made my stay feel extra special. She was an absolute sweetheart! She asked me on the second day whether the room needed new towels or any housekeeping, so as for the other person that wrote they were disappointing that their room wasn't made up the second night, I don't think that's a regular occurrence.

The decor is old school and makes your feel like you took a trip way back in time, which was great change from the pace of my city-girl/frantic lifestyle. The restaurant/pub was really cute and the breakfast that came included was delicious. Service was great. Emily is the best :)

Room Tip: Victoria Room has spa bath and fire place - I couldn't find a room for that cheap with either of...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Dara2323
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you , thank you, thank you for appreciating us and our decor!! I will be sure to tell Emily that she was outstanding and made your stay extra special. Please when you come back ask about our "Valued Guest Rate"!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My boyfriend and I decided at the last minute to spend our valentines night at the inn. We had heard good things about their Victoria rooms so we booked one for the night.it was perfect! The 2 man jacuzzi tub was so relaxing & enjoyable.we had a great and romantic evening. Great atmosphere, small inn and therefore quiet, as well as really nice and helpful staff. Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Rastababy02
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
We are so glad you chose us for your romantic getaway!! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us!! I will be sure to tell our staff about this review!! Thanks again for your positive comments and when you do come back we look forward to it and please ask about our "Valued Guest Rate!"
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Dissappointed how the room was made up for our second night. Soaking wet towels not removed and no extra fresh ones left. Thermostst was not working properly and the room was very warm. You pay the same rate for your second night stay so should therefore be entitled to the same level of service.The decor is a bit tired and the rates are higher than some other hotels in the vicinity.It let itself down I am afraid which is a shame because it is a cute littl;e place.Definetly felt I did not get value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the Inn would be quieter than those over the bar.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MCJ419
Thank you for your comments and yes I do agree you should be provided with consistant service throughout your stay! We have just hired a new supervisor for our "cute inn" and they are learning the importance of our housekeeping service.

I would really like if you could contact me personally judy@waymarker.ca

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor we really do appreciate our guest's comments.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Spent one very lovely night @ Georgetown Inn while skiiin in Banff. Very quaint decore in lobby and rooms with excellent, attentive service. Room was small but that is all I needed and the price was very attractive for a mountain hotel. Breakfast in the reataurant that is part of the hotel. Highly recommend this spot for a nice change of pace.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank neilcha
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for sending such a lovely comment! We appreciate all of our guests and it is great that you enjoyed your stay with us. Don't forget when you book again to let us know so we may offer you our "Valued Guest Rate". Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Edmonton
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We decided to book at the Georgetown Inn for our 2nd anniversary and it did not disappoint! We mainly booked because there was one "Victoria Room" left, and this type of room had a 2 person jacuzzi tub. The room was on sale (probably because it is low season) so we got the room with free breakfast for 130 a night. We figured this was an awesome price for a jacuzzi suite, and we definitely weren't wrong! The suite was massive, with a comfy king size bed, emailer bathroom with large shower stall, fireplace, couch, tv, mini fridge etc. The jacuzzi tub was definitely the highlight though. Clean, spacious and sooo relaxing! The decor is very rustic at the inn, which gave the inn a lot of character. A free breakfast from the little pub in the hotel was included with our reservation and the food was awesome!!! Try one of the French toasts..... I had the blueberry creamcheese stuffed French toast, and it was delicious (and huge! They gave me two pieces I barely finished one!) Definitely recommend the Georgetown Inn. So much character compared to any hotel i have ever been to, and tons of value for your money!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank kmrob
Happy belated anniversary! Thank you for staying with us and enjoying our little inn. I will let the kitchen know how much you enjoyed our French Toast!! Remember for your next stay to let us know so we can offer you our "Valued Guest Rate". Thanks agin and for taking the time to share your experiences with us! Have a wonderful day!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great cozy atmosphere and charm. Clean and inviting. Excellent food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank balance b
Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your experiences with others. We appreciate this very much and hope to see you back staying with us very soon!! Please let us know upon booking that you have stayed with us before and we can offer you our "Valued Guest Rate" Thanks again and have a wonderful day!!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Visited the property during the month of February for a work function. Outstanding staff and assistance. Rooms were large and very accommodating. Meeting space was tight...but the staff went above and beyond. The food was great and the lounge met the needs of all. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 264SHayes264
Thank you for taking the time to comment, we really appreciate this. We are so glad to hear thet you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are very pleased to hear that we did so! Thank you again and hope to see you soon. Please be sure to ask for our "Valued Guest Rate" the next time you stay with us.