Georgetown Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hampshire Inn(Canmore)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvictoria roomenglish stylebest fish and chipsmovie posterspub downstairsenglish pubquaint hoteljetted tublittle touchesking size bedsitting roomlight sleeperromantic getawaymini fridgegas fireplacemain floormountain view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We LOVED the Georgetown Inn! Our room was beautiful with amazing little touches like tea and cookies and robes - and of course a view of the mountains.

Cory at the front desk was so accommodating and made us feel special and went above and beyond his role.

The restaurant was very tasty with a great patio and friendly service. We had the chicken pot pie and the vegetable coconut curry, both very good.

We'll be staying there every time we are in town and are recommending it to all our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nickinickinicki
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing such lovely comments with everyone!! Our small extra touches are what we want our guests to notice so thank you!!! I will be sure to let Cory and Derek (our chef) know that you appreciated them.....see you soon!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

chose to stay in canmore rather than calgary after landing and liked the look of this place. received a really warm welcome following a long journey from England and settled into a lovely room with all the facilities you'd need including a fridge. nice touch with the towells modelled as swans but it's those things that make you smile. location was fine, just outside the centre of town and close to a couple of pleasant walks too. the pub/ restaurant served a fine fish and chips with very healthy portions (home cut chips make a difference) and a nice selection of beers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carterkasper
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you carterkasper for staying at the Georgetown Inn...we are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our food in the pub!!! we do hope when you come back to our area you will stay with us again!!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We spent two nights in the Georgetown Inn in mid-September 2012. We loved it. The service was great, and the room was spotless. The Decor is classic and somewhat rustic - precisely what you'd expect. The restaurant is terrific. You must try the fish & chips. We got free breakfasts both days, making this inn almost like a B & B. The breakfast was fantastic too.

We had initially booked a room with two queen beds as that was the cheapest, but someone else really needed a room with two beds, so they upgraded us to a nicer room with a king bed at no extra charge to accommodate the other guests. Win-win for both of us.

I broke a drinking glass in the bathroom the first night. I owned up to it when checking out, and they did not charge me for it. I love this place - I've been to Alberta many times, but never did I enjoy my accommodations as much as I did at the Georgetown. I want to go again and I'm glad to hear they are still in business after the big flood.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darryl2013
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We are great after the flood so thanks for your well wishes!! So glad to know that you enjoyed being upgraded to our Victoria Suite and your breakfasts in the pub!!! We hope to see you again very soon!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed for one night on a trip from Saskatoon to Vancouver. Good welcome at reception and checked in quickly.
Bar downstairs very busy and took an age to get acknowledged both at the bar and our table which was rather disappointing. Once I had voiced my displeasure the service was excellent. Bar food served at the tables outside very tasty but slightly overpriced but het we are in the Rockies. Bedroom very comfortable but noisy with the continual trains going by the front of the inn. Ask for a room at the back is my tip.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevanya

Thank you for staying at the Georgetown and for using our picturesque patio....we apologize for the delays in the pub and it has been passed on to our Pub Manager...it is comments like this that help us improve our services so thank you!! we do hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently spent a weekend at the Georgetown Inn as I was in Canmore attending a wedding. Most of the other guests stayed at a different hotel and as we compared notes, most were envious of my stay at the Georgetown. I stayed in a William Guest Room which was a very spacious and comfortable room with two beds, a small sitting area and a fireplace (which wasn't used as it was a warm weekend).

What struck me enough to take and share pictures with everyone at the wedding and now at home, was how quirky the decorations were in my room. I asked the front desk if all the rooms were decorated in a golf theme and she said that they are all decorated differently. It took me more than one day to spot all of the different golf themed items in the room, the last one that I noticed being a table lamp made out of a golf club with the knob to turn it on being a golf ball. The entire hotel has interesting decorations and touches throughout. It is definitely not one of your cookie cutter hotels.

The staff were very nice to deal with and helpful. I didn't eat at the hotel, save and except for the cookies that awaited me in my room next to a cute teapot and tea cups, and yes, I took pictures of that too.

I had stayed at Mystic Springs a couple of times before and have enjoyed that place very much and didn't realize that they were owned by the same people until I read the reviews just now.

I would definitely stay here again and have recommended it to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank s s

Thank you for staying with us at the Georgetown....all of our rooms are decorated differently and yes "quirky"...we love that you noticed and shared pictures!!! We do hope to see you again soon and thank you again!!!