Georgetown Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hampshire Inn(Canmore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvictoria roomenglish stylebest fish and chipsmovie posterspub downstairsenglish pubquaint hoteljetted tublittle touchesking size bedsitting roomlight sleeperromantic getawaymini fridgegas fireplacemain floormountain view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just held our wedding ceremony and dinner at the Georgetown Inn, Canmore, in July. We worked with Judy Hoar (Sales, Groups and Marketing Manager for Waymarker Hospitality representing the Georgetown) and she was most excellent to work with, helped us so much to get everything organized the way we wanted, is such a nice person to deal with, and the whole experience turned out perfectly, thank you Judy! The ceremony, dinner, and rest of the evening were wonderful (even the weather was perfect). The Georgetown Inn is a very nice venue to hold events in (if you are looking for a venue that is small, intimate, and casual as we were). All of our guests commented that dinner was excellent and they all enjoyed themselves immensely!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Thank you Cheryl, it was such a pleasure helping you plan your last minute nuptials'....we loved having you and your guests here with us on your very special day!! I hope you come back and spend your Anniversaries here!! Thank you for the lovely comments!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

After checking out different hotel and resorts in the Canmore area, we decided on the Georgetown because we wanted a different hotel experience . Check in was at 4 pm and we arrived 3 hrs early and had no problem checking in. We had the Victorian room with a king size bed,sitting room,fireplace and jet tub . The hotel was quiet and the doors were locked to the public at 10:30 and opened again at 7:30 am . The restaurant food was very good and reasonable priced for a tourist town. Our overall experience was very good and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that we could accommodate your early check in! We do our best to make our guests very comfortable and enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I had booked a room at the Georgetown Inn for the weekend seven weeks prior to our stay. Two week before the date, I received a call from our online booking agency stating that there was an mistake with our prepaid stay and that they would try to find alternate accommodations.
Of course, with a few weeks before our August trip, the rooms in Canmore were pretty scarce.
I called the Georgetown Inn and spoke with Julia, unfortunately they were fully booked, but she offered to help our search. When I received a call from Nicky, the Georgetown Inn manager, I was ecstatic. She had a room at there sister location, the Mystic Spring resort, and the special occasion was saved.
Thank you again to both Nicky and Julia for making our weekend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on celebrating your 30th Wedding Anniversary and we were so gad to help you find alternate accommodations! I will be sure to tell Julia and Nikki how you appreciated their efforts! I hope that you can experience The Georgetown for your next anniversary!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was really looking forward to my stay at the Georgetown Inn, but unfortunately I doubt we will be back. The outside of the inn is very cute, but the rooms are worn down. We were given white towels with blue stains on them, and for the price point for the inn, I expect much better. Also we were going to be late arriving so I called the Inn as they don't have anyone there after 11. She told me she would leave the keys at the front desk, but when we arrived no one was there. We went into the bar eventually and somebody had our keys,but it would have been nice if the directions should have been clearer. On the plus side the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was good, but I don't think that is enough for me to book it again, as there is a such wide selection canmore.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacquieb23
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we are sorry to hear that your check in was not as smooth as it usually is. We are taking your comments into account and will be discussing them further. We are also discussing renovating some of the rooms so they will be fresher! Thank you for your comments and we really would like you to come back!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I booked my room online not knowing anything about the hotel and was extremely pleased. Check in was easy, lady very friendly and my room was another great surprise. Had a suite with a king bed, sitting room, fireplace, wonderful Victorian furniture and a view of the mountains from all four windows. Enjoyed the shortbread cookies upon my arrival, should have requested more. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean. The only drawback would be the train since the tracks are on the other side of the road, but really wasn't too bad. Had wonderful French toast in the English pub. Staff was very friendly and informative about nearby restaurants. I was traveling by myself to see the Canadian Rockies so didn't see much of Canmore, but my two nights at this quaint hotel was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the second or third floor facing the mountains. The back of the hotel is where the parking lot is located.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our freshly baked shortbread cookies upon arrival and our Famous French Toast in our pub! Thank you for your description of the room you were in and we are glad that you enjoyed your bed! We hope to see you again very soon, please call us direct next time and you will receive breakfast complimentary because all of our repeat customers do!!