Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Pocaterra Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$117
US$78
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Inn of the Rockies(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$152
Silver Creek Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$152
Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$190
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$111
Days Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$76
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$104
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
1,080 results
All reviewswine coolerthe kitchenelectric bbqwading poolbedroom suiteice makerunderground parkingrain showerhot tubbeautiful resorttop floorstainless steel appliancesfront desk staffthree sisterswasher and dryerdowntown canmorehome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is recommended by a close friend as my regular is not availability. The only reason for me not to stay here is because I there is no view. I am also wondering if I pick the room with view, will it be too noisy as it is just right off the Bow Valley main road. The building I stayed in is Chinook. I am not sure about other buildings.
However, everything is new, clean and beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: May be ask for a room with mountain view. Chinook is located by the main road if you pick the mountain view so might be noisy. If you have kids, they have very nice swimming pool and a movie room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank irene_ng
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Irene_ng: I appreciate your fabulous review regarding your recent stay at the resort in one of our spacious and well-equipped suites with our exceptionally comfortable beds! The Chinook building has great views all around and is much more quiet than expected. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location of Solara is a quick walk into the main shopping area and close to restaurants. I had a problem with my tv and the maintenance technician kept working on it until it was resolved. He was professional and friendly. At the One Wellness Spa I had a pedicure that was 1.5 hours and worth every penny. So relaxing! Great stay and great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bluewater08
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear bluewater08: Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding your recent stay with us! I’m pleased you enjoyed our service and fabulous location. I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a long day driving and decided to call it a day and looked up a place to stay in Canmore. We found a fantastic last minute price on a two bedroom suite at this resort.

The front staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and clean. Much more than we expected.

I will be back for sure. Hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear pepperminitpatti1975: Thank you for your fantastic review noting our clean, spacious and well-equipped suites and our amazing Team Members. Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and I do look forward to hosting you again in the future

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This facility is gorgeous and first class. Large spacious suites with full kitchens and views of the mountains. Unfortunately, housekeeping is below standard. Our room was not cleaned to a hotel level during our stay. A request for new towels went unheeded and we ran out of toilet paper because they did not restock anything during our stay. Air conditioner did not work in our room. Facility could use a long promised restaurant. Free bikes had dangerous brakes and had not been serviced. For a premium price, I expected premium service and thus, was disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ron B: What you experienced is certainly not a Solara standard and I do apologize. Your concerns have been addressed to the attention of our Housekeeper Manager, and we have conducted the necessary review and training of the team member. Delighted to mention we are closer than ever to obtaining our onsite restaurant.

No excuses can be offered except we have failed in our service. I would like an opportunity to invite you back. Please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make sure you get the stay you deserve.

We look forward to redeeming ourselves and regaining your trust in our services.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I originally wanted to do a girls spa getaway with my sister and daughter in Banff but I could not find the accommodations I was looking for so I started to look in Canmore. We had never stayed at Solara but the value was great - our entire stay would have been one night's rate at the Banff Springs Hotel. We had a top floor 2 bedroom unit which faced the mountains. The bedrooms each had their own full bathroom complete with deluxe shower stall (hand held wand, jet sprays, rainshower head) and separate tub, a small sitting area with a fireplace and flatscreen overhead. There was also a large deck with a large BBQ grill and a table that seats 6. The kitchen was deluxe - complete with all the small electronics, dishes, cutlery, pots/pans, etc. The family room was cozy and there is also a DVD player if you wish to bring your own DVDs. There was no noise in the halls at all - maybe because we stayed Thursday through Saturday. There is free wifi and free underground parking. They offer complimentary bikes and helmets. The front desk personnel are friendly and helpful. Beyond the front desk we discovered was a theatre (a conference area) for weekend nightly movies (but you have to buy the popcorn), a small indoor play area for young children, the pool area and the spa area. Pets are also welcome at this resort and we were told at the front desk that the fee charged for the pet is donated to the SPCA, which we thought was very nice. There is no restaurant on site. The pool area consists of a small water park area, a small hottub and a small pool that works for kids but not adults. The only drawback to the change room is that while they have lockers, you have to bring your own lock. They do not provide locks of any kind. We had enjoyed our spa treatments at One Wellness and it was oh so wonderful and decadent. It must be early in the season and not a weekend appointment as we had reduced rates for our 90-minute regular and stone massages. There is a co-ed steam room and a sauna room. The change rooms have lockers that can be locked digitally and are stocked with all the supplies you need after your treatment. The only drawback is you are provided with only 1 large towel. There is also a nice but small fitness facility, complete with a personal trainer. While we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Solara, the only thing that dampened it was the daily light housekeeping which supposedly included removal of garbage, beds made up and bathrooms freshened. While we required the light housekeeping for only 1 day, we felt that the housekeeper did not care nor took pride being a member of Bellstar as the garbage was never removed, our beds were hastily made (to be honest, an 8-year old would have done a better job) and our new bathroom towels were not hung but left on top of the clothes hamper (and they weren't 2 of everything - just a mishmash). These details caused us to give our total experience an 8.5 out of 10. We hope management will look into this so that someone else's stay won't be dampened. Overall, we are happy to have stayed at Solara, enjoyed Canmore, the local dining establishments and the mountains without the big sticker price of Banff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlbertaVirginiaGal

Dear Alberta VirginiaGal: Thank you for taking the time to post an extensive review regarding your past stay. Our two-bedroom suites, with separate living and sleeping areas, comfortably accommodate up to 6 people. These suites are fully equipped with five appliances and I’m pleased you enjoyed it. I do appreciate your comments regarding our amazing Team Members. As well we have the only Theatre in Canmore. Delighted you also enjoyed the top notch spa located onsite. I do apologize for the light housekeeping issues you experienced, which I'm addressing with the housekeeping manager. Once again, thank you for your fabulous review and I do look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Kind Regards