“Outstanding accommodation and customer service”

Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I arrived on Sunday, June 8 and believed that my reservation had been amended to include an extra day - the Sunday evening. There was no record of it in the Solara system. Rather than sending me away or giving me push-back on who owned the mistake, the gentleman on the reception desk, with support from his supervisor, provided me with extraordinary customer service. He first checked to see if there was a room available in Solara's partner hotel. When he found they were fully booked, he called his supervisor to see how he should proceed as there were no clean rooms at Solara. What they ended up doing was asking the night houseman to quickly clean up a room to accommodate me until my permanent room assignment was available the next day. They could have sent me away, debated how the reservation got mixed up or done any number of other things that would have caused me irritation rather than admiration. They did none of those things and provided me with outstanding customer service. I enjoyed the same level of excellent customer service during my week-long stay. The accommodations are also first rate. Would highly recommend a stay at Solara.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marion S
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Marion S: I’m absolutely delighted that you had such an excellent stay with us! Our Team Members always want to provide our guests with a unique and special experience and when we get great feedback like yours, we know we’re meeting our goals! Once again, thank you for your review, your recommendation and I look forward to continuing to host you on future trips to Canmore!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My short stay at Solera Resort & Spa was an absolute delight. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The check in process was swift and easy. My room was remarkably clean and well kept, while the common areas were quite modern and pleasant looking. The view of the mountains was beautiful and the resort itself is nice and close to town.

I would highly recommend this impressive resort to anyone traveling through the Canmore area. I will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Grant S: Thank you for your 5/5 rating regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments about our spacious suites also pleased you also enjoyed our amazing location and thank you for commenting on our friendly and helpful Team Members! Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and I do look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner and I just returned home from an overnight stay at the Solara Resort and Spa for my birthday. We have stayed at many different resorts in Canmore and enjoy going out there regulalry but our usual spots were fully booked. We decided to try the Solara and stayed in a two bedroom suite as it was the only size left at the time of booking. The room was very nice, large, and comfortable. The resort is close to everything. We had trouble finding our room and a very friendly and helpful staff member went out of his way to show us to our room which we really appraciated. Our room was located very close to the elevator doors on the 2nd floor and we found things to be extremely noisy late at night and early in the morning when we were trying to sleep while people came off and on the elevator. We had planned to enjoy a birthday bottle of wine on the patio so we were so excited to see we had a beatiful large patio, but when we went to go onto it we noticed it was filthy and we were unable to even sit on the patio furniture. The whole patio and all of the patio furniture were covered in bird droppings. It was difficult to even walk out there without stepping on them. It is June and lovely out so we really wanted to use the patio and at the almost $400.00 we paid for a one night stay it would have been nice if the patio had been cleaned off before guests arrive so they can use and enjoy it. It was also all we could see from all rooms once we opened the blinds of the suite and did not make for a nice view.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator doors to avoid a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn N

Dear Dawn N: Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept our deepest apologies for all the trouble and inconveniences caused by our missed service regarding the patio. We are currently cleaning and power washing all patios per our schedule as weather permits. Unfortunate we did not reach the suite you occupied. It is now tops on our list.

I would like an opportunity to invite you back. Please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make sure you get the stay you deserve.

We look forward to redeeming ourselves and regaining your trust in our service.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our second visit to Solara and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The suites have all the comforts of home and then some! We had a couple of minor issues (the freezer would not turn on and there was no package of complimentary cleaning supplies in the suite) but they were quickly resolved after calling the front desk. We took full advantage of the onsite amenities - our daughter really enjoyed the pools / children's sprinkler area as well as the movie theatre and kids play room (puzzles, action figures, books, etc.). My wife had a nice massage at the spa while my daughter and I roamed the grounds and saw numerous bunnies and checked out the nearby playground. The only complaint I would have was that our balcony was shared with 2 other units.....very strange design to have no privacy from 2 neighboring units. When we return I'll probably request a private patio.

Overall, excellent value for the money and we will come back. The service is really good - the front desk even let our daughter choose the kids' movie to be shown in the theatre when we inquired about what was being shown.

Room Tip: Ask for a private balcony as some are shared with other units. Each unit has it's own BBQ but t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear StrawberryJ-V: Thank you for your continued patronage and excellent review regarding your most recent stay with us! I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our Team Members and our clean, fully-equipped suites, pool/Children's Sprinkler and the our amazing movie theatre also The One Wellness Spa onsite is tops in Canmore. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I commend the staff at solara. Their attention to detail is evident in the comforts of the room as well as the staff service. I have stayed a handful of times and there is no need to look further. Best in Canmore, undoubtably.

Room Tip: Chinook buildings- mountain view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Melissa D: Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding your most recent stay with us. Our goal is always to exceed guest expectations. I do also appreciate your kind comments regarding our Team Members. Once again, thank you for your review and your continued patronage!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is recommended by a close friend as my regular is not availability. The only reason for me not to stay here is because I there is no view. I am also wondering if I pick the room with view, will it be too noisy as it is just right off the Bow Valley main road. The building I stayed in is Chinook. I am not sure about other buildings.
However, everything is new, clean and beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: May be ask for a room with mountain view. Chinook is located by the main road if you pick the mount...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank irene_ng

Dear Irene_ng: I appreciate your fabulous review regarding your recent stay at the resort in one of our spacious and well-equipped suites with our exceptionally comfortable beds! The Chinook building has great views all around and is much more quiet than expected. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location of Solara is a quick walk into the main shopping area and close to restaurants. I had a problem with my tv and the maintenance technician kept working on it until it was resolved. He was professional and friendly. At the One Wellness Spa I had a pedicure that was 1.5 hours and worth every penny. So relaxing! Great stay and great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bluewater08
Darryll H, General Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear bluewater08: Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding your recent stay with us! I’m pleased you enjoyed our service and fabulous location. I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

Darryll Hunter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canmore
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE
Moose Hotel and Suites
Holiday Inn Canmore
Holiday Inn Canmore
#14 of 28 in Canmore

Been to Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!