“Room and restaurant are excellent!”

Holiday Inn Canmore
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I checked in late and was greeted by a very friendly, efficient desk person (my experience is that night staff at most hotels aren’t renowned for their excellence). The room was newly renovated and spotless. In the morning, the sun coming up over the Rockies view from my window was breathtaking! The restaurant was open early and the buffet I had was fresh, well stocked and only $11.00 if I remember correctly. I will go out of my way to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: West or north facing rooms will offer the best views from the large windows.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Schmenzies

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed at Canmore as it was close to Banff, as we couldn't find accomodation there on such short notice, the room was average, clean and tidy, once again no cribs available as they don't keep any there, a bit overpriced for what we got, but we got a good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jasjo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The rooms were clean, up to date, the service was great and the location is fabulous.
I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn - Canmore to anyone who wants to experience a mountain getaway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Samantha20118
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn in Canmore.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms are clean and spacious and the facilities are excellent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank julieaurora
Reviewed 23 July 2011

OMG What an amazing holiday!!!!! We had our wedding hosted there and it was so beautiful!! The Sales Coordinator was top notch. I will remember this holiday forever.

Room Tip: Call in advance with any special requests
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank EdmontonTeddysgirl
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stay at Holiday Inn properties very often and have earned my Platinum status many times over. This is the first Holiday Inn where the service was very subpar. I don't want to write about the location and rooms. They are average. The location actually is too close to the freeway. Some might find it convenient, others - noisy. Whatever.
When I arrived, there was no typical Platinum member recognition. Some hotels give a complementary bottle of water. I didn't get any recognition. They do not care to recognize your hotel loyalty.
That's fine. I asked for an upgrade. I was told they were sold out and had none available. I understand "availability" condition. I was okay with that.
What I am not okay with is not treating me with respect. When I was back at the front desk asking for directions to restaurants I heard several times how front desk agent was telling walk in customers that they had a suite available. Even after I called them out on this glaring discrepancy, the supervisor refused to upgrade me. Definitely not returning here.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank MF_Bry
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We had a wonderful stay at this Holiday Inn location. The room was very clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The staff were professional and knowledgeable, even acknowledged us by name!
The room was surprising very quiet considering the location. The views are amazing from this location and even though you are not right in the centre of town, you drive 5 minutes to the main street area for shops and dining choices.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank McCormackFamily
Travellers also viewed these Canmore hotels
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
Ramada Canmore
Ramada Canmore
#15 of 28 in Canmore

Been to Holiday Inn Canmore? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Canmore

Address: 1 Silvertip Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2Z7, Canada
Region: Canada > Alberta > Canadian Rockies > Kananaskis Country > Canmore
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#4 Business Hotel in Canmore
#6 Family Hotel in Canmore
#10 Romantic Hotel in Canmore
Price Range: £61 - £234 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Canmore 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Canmore Hotel Canmore