“Should've been better.”

Holiday Inn Canmore
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wrong advertising everywhere. Check in online states 3pm. At 3pm arrival, check in is at 4pm. Front service desk claims it was "recently changed." You still have to check out right at 12 though. Cleaners knock at your door at 12:01.
Room was clean, had everything you'd need. Though, I didnt like the way the shower didnt have a floor of its own, letting all the water go around the washroom.
And the tv wouldn't let us rent a movie. Maintenance said they'd call the provider to have it fixed as there were 3 other complaints... But it didn't work our whole stay. The hotel Information channel also claims that the hotel has a whirlpool and a hot tub. But actually only has a hot tub.
The hot tub is open from 10am-11pm. But is closed for cleaning until the afternoon. So.. Technically open only from noon-11pm. Doesn't help the people who want to take a dip in the hot tub before having to check out.
Gym was quite small. But as expected as it is a hotel gym. Only disappointed that they didn't have any 5lb weights for the ladies that may try to work out.
Atleast they gave free breakfast, and the dinner special was good. :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and comments about it. I regret to hear that you did not enjoy our facilities to the fullest. Unfortunately, there are some procedures in place to follow for our hot tub to ensure everyone's safety to use it. I am personally making sure that all your comments have addressed and review to keep improving our customer care and experience. We hope to be able to host your stay once again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Tales of two Holiday Inn stays (one in Canmore and one in Hinton) during our recent roadtrip vacation to Banff and Jasper (separate review of the Holiday Inn Express Hinton for the Jasper leg)

Stayed in Holiday Inn Canmore for three nights.

- The hotel building itself was very nice. Parking was sufficient.
- Front desk person checked us in efficiently - BUT gave us the wrong room number. Thought the key card was malfunctioning and had it replaced twice before I suggested to the staff that they may have given me the wrong room # - problem solved but didn't appreciate the lag after driving for 12 hours.
- Room was spacious enough but there was a thick layer of dust on all the furniture.
- First night, both my daughter and had bites and we requested for the sheets to be replaced. Didn't improve situation and we had bed bug bites during the rest of the stay. Staff couldn't transfer us to a different room as there were bus-loads of tourists coming in everyday.

Over-all, a disappointing stay. Good thing we were out most of the day but I strongly recommend not staying in this hotel when visiting Banff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BizTravelerCanada
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for your comments on your experience at the hotel. Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations but I will make sure that I share your review with the rest of the team to help us get better on our services. I really hope that we can host you once again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have recently stayed at this hotel in room 209 and had some challenges with AC. I have informed to the front desk and I got impressed the way they handled the entire situation. The front desk staff were amazing. Ana was more than fabulous, I am not able to recall all the names but the person in night shift and the tall guy doing evening shift and Preeti was awesome. Great example of customer service. We will keep coming to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravi P
Teresa P, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Dear Ravi P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Canmore. First off, I am sorry that you had to go through issues with your AC but I am ecstatic that the staff handled the situation so well. It is always great to hear that we have exceeded a guests expectations. I will be sharing your feedback with the staff members and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting your next trip to Canmore.

Jenna
Guest Services

Reviewed 30 July 2014

For the 14th straight year this hotel housed us cleanly, comfortably and securely. Never fails to disappoint us each and every July. Staff are always friendly, helpful and willing to accommodate whatever is required. Is there a better setting than the valley in Canmore surrounded by the Rockies? I don’t think so.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Teresa P, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Dear DeanCalgary,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your experience at the Holiday Inn Canmore. It is amazing that we have hosted your annual trip to Canmore for 14 years and we look forward to hosting many more in the future. I will have to pass along your kind words to the staff to show them your appreciation for their hard work. Thank you for choosing our property each year and we cant wait to see you back in July 2015!

Jenna
Guest Services

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here on a recent trip to Banff/Jasper with a friend. Location was excellent, right off the Trans-Canada Highway and very close to the city of Canmore which has plenty of eating options. Rooms were also updated and in good condition. My only issue was that the Wi-Fi in the hotel was totally inconsistent and basically unusable for the majority of our stay. Fortunately, we were too busy enjoying the natural splender of Banff/Jasper to mind too much, but it would be a major source of frustration for anyone needing reliable internet access in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I started planning getaways at Holiday Inn Canmore in 2013. I had a Danish friend that wanted to see the Canadian Rockies. Our stay was extra ordinary, with an awesome view of the mountains, and a beautiful room with a high ceiling. The hospitality was wonderful! I met Ana Marzo the sales coordinator and she was charming, kind, and went over and beyond my expectations. I had another outting in Feb 2014. Once again a terrific stay! A friend bought me tickets for a horse drawn carriage ride in Banff. So now we are booked with Ana at Holiday Inn Canmore for my birthday getaway. The quiet, beautiful, Holiday Inn Canmore and it's staff will help give me marvelous memories I will never forget. Thanks for everything!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Four of us guys stayed at the Holiday Inn and played the Silvertip Golf Course. The hotel was very handy and near to the course, the rooms were very clean and served it's purpose well. While not overly extravagant, the price was right since we received a small discount at the course. The buffet breakfast was OK, but we wanted something quick so again, served its purpose.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends