We knew before we got to the Ramada Canmore that Ramada's can be dicey. There is very little consistency. However, we were more disappointed than pleased. The property is a bit tired and I appreciate and understand that they are cleaning up from a flood. Nevertheless, our room on the 3rd floor could have used a lot of attention. The first mistake we made was assuming that a room with 2 beds would be queens. I learned too late that you have to pay extra for that option. Most hotels throughout north America provide either 2 queens or one king. The room in my opinion was postage stamp small. There was not sitting chair and precious little space to set anything except one desktop. The TV is old and not a flat screen. Any property worth it's salt today has a flat screen. The bathroom is so small as to be almost laughable. No counter at all, just a couple of tiny shelves. The shower door worked so poorly that we almost couldn't get out of the shower. There is no tub, only a shower and it is a tiny shower with the shower head at about 7 feet. Even if you don't want to, you have to wash your hair. The room felt tired and a bit dirty. Reading about the 3 story waterslide makes one believe there will probably be a large pool. Most people who have a backyard pool have one that is larger. Very disappointing and precious little space for parents to sit and watch their kids play. There is no place in the pool area that isn't wet. The breakfast also was a disappointment. Sausages that most people passed by and eggs that were far from hot. My biggest gripe with most hotels that have breakfast included is that they water down the juices and this Ramada is no exception. The Grapefruit juice tasted almost like water and you could tell you were drinking orange juice because of the color. Other than it's location, there is little to recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a combination of great value and friendly service, the Ramada Inn & Suites in Canmore is ideal for families, conference, meetings, and anyone looking to enjoy the Rockies. The resort offers a three-story waterslide, swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room. The Ramada Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Canmore, Alberta, in the Canadian Rockies. Canmore is home to spectacular mountain views, great family fun, year-round outdoor adventure, and is only minutes from Banff National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Ramada Inn And Suites Canmore
- Canmore Hotel