“Friendly, Helpful Staff”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

There are newer reviews for Ramada Canmore

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is located conveniently, just outside Banff and close to all nearby attractions. Staff was accommodating and professional. Rooms were clean and priced reasonably. Although. I'd recommend getting a room that faces the road instead of the back, if you're sensitive to sound. there are train tracks in the back used by freight trains. Not very noisy, but may affect sensitive sleepers.
Big plus is the twisty slide in the pool!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fareeda E
Reviewed 27 May 2014

2  Thank Pamela K
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Ramada. While we have no problem checking in there seems to be a problem with evening staff not either knowing how to access their computer information if staff have indeed checked in or they are not properly trained.

Both times I've stayed at the Ramada we have had problems when my spouse had tried to call me at the hotel, only to be told we had not checked in yet - this was at 6:00 pm. We had checked in at 12 noon! Both times and this was last summer and this spring that the evening staff told my husband that we had not checked in! Now it was worrisome the first time it happened, this time was worse because I didn't have my cell phone on until 8pm (due to roaming charges my husband said no problem I'll just call the hotel and check how the drive down was and if we were ok (my daughter and myself). I was beginning to think something happened to him and he was thinking that something must have happened that we hadn't checked in yet....well if I had not turned on my cell phone he would still be worried and wondering what happened to us! I won't be staying at the Ramada again! Twice burnt - no thank you, there are enough other hotels to stay in at Canmore!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were coming to town for a sport event and this had very affordable rooms for the area. Well I should have read the fine print I guess.....

Our room had no bathtub, only a shower. It was the smallest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel.

The number of trains that go by is a LOT! We could sleep through them but we couldn't hear anything over them when we were awake, and some of them are very long.

The pool area is very tiny so though the waterslide is fun, my 6 yr old almost got drowned a number of times by a group of 12-14 yr old boys who appeared to be in town for a tournament and had taken over the pool area unsupervised and were being obnoxious. I have read this in other reviews too, now and would suggest asking about tournaments in town at the same time as you are booking.

Everything was quite outdated - carpet, furniture etc. Our sink had a huge crack in it.

Our toilet took two flushes to make it flush as our water pressure was pretty bad. There was also no hot water in the morning (probably when everyone else was showering).

The hot tub wasn't working for some of the time we were there.

However, the location is good, there are lots of restaurants to walk to closeby. We had no problems accessing wifi. We loved the shampoo products.

Finally, when we arrived the front desk made some mention that since we had booked a long time ago we still got the free breakfast and gave us breakfast coupons. There is a big sign to the breakfast room saying breakfast is $14,99/person!! So I assume charging people is new. Well the breakfast selection is good but not so great to pay $14.99. AND the coupons they gave us indicate adult price of $5.99 and child price of $2.99 so they have definitely inflated their price! Maybe this is for summer season? I wouldn't eat breakfast there if I had to pay that much though - plenty of other places to go to.

Staff were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't pick the train side if you can't sleep through noise or plan to spend time in your roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to hear you found our location to be of a great convenience to you at that you enjoyed our amenities. As always you have the choice of train or road sides of the hotel. We suggest a standard room on the road side of the hotel for greater comfort. We offer breakfast for 14.99 per person who is not a guest here at the hotel, we are open to the public; the other prices are discounted for our guests. We apologize for the hot tub maintenance issues you experienced they since been rectified.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014