“Suprising wonderful”

Elita Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chilliwack, Canada
“Suprising wonderful”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

New Years Eve, all the restaurants are full this is the last one available, and to our surprise thank goodness for that. We arrive, 7 in all, Décor I must say leaves something to think about, but once seated you realize it is a family run business and are instantly welcome into a home. Food and service are great, had a wonderful meal and evening. We were getting ready to leave and like good citizens were phoning for a taxi but the owner would not hear of it and proceeded to drive us home as it was new years eve and wanted us to be safe.
We truly, truly believe this is going above and beyond the call of a business owner, words are not enough for those owners, they truly love their customers to do this for them.
Plus it shows in the way they cook. Thank you for a wonderful time.

• Visited December 2013

Campbell River, Canada
“Surprisingly delicious, fresh meals.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

While the decor may be dated, the service and food were excellent, 4 of us enjoyed a relaxing dinner with a variety of menu and special items. So good we came back a second time. The food is obviously freshly prepared. Don't rush through, take time to get the chef discussing his food and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
“Worst food & service ever.”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My son's & I were in Canmore from Edmonton for a Dr appt in the building. We thought we would have lunch first (bad mistake) Should have known something was amiss when being 12:30 pm & we were the only diners. Our order was taken by a rude, very short male. We had to ask for drinks as he did not bother to ask. While waiting we could hear the microwave going, never a good sign. My son's ordered a chicken burger I ordered a burrito. The top of their buns were clearly tops of dinner buns, not hamburger buns as they were much smaller than the bottom bun & had clearly been unthawed in the microwave. Once I cut into my burrito I discovered what looked & smealt like cat food. After 2 mouthfuls I thought I was going to be sick. We did not eat our meals & waited for the waitress, which I later found out was the owner to check to see how our meal was. This did not happen so we finally went to the till for our bill. I almost fell over knowing I had to pay almost $50.00 for such garbage. When my son mentioned to her how terrible it was & how most places come back to tables to ask how the meal was. She began to tell us she is the owner & is very successful. She said if we didn't like it dont come back (like we would ever step foot in there again) This place should be shut down by the health board.

3 Thank Karen P
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent value and creative cooking”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our local guide took us to Elita's and it was one of the best meals we had in the Rockies. The service was great ( the cute boy and girl deserve extra tips!). It's obviously a family restaurant, but the meals transcend the home cooked meals with influences from around the world. The pasta , the fish and stir fries were all great as were the salads. Our table of 10 were served reasonably and we all agreed it was fantastic value. Unfortunately none of us had room to test the dessert. Cocktails were worth seconds.
Great views of mountain - what more could you want?

• Visited September 2013
“Great value, amazing food, incredible service - knowledgeable staff!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant by accident, just for a cup of coffee and escape the rain. I was absolutely wowed by the service and commitment to real, fresh, food.. and the use of local and organic products where possible. Initally I was a little thrown off by the look, but this was the best meal I have had in a very long time! The owners are passionate about their place and truely want to make you happy. Iwas happy to find orange garnish in my water opposed to the usual lemon, a sweet refreshing change and a little something added at the end... Fresh strawberries covered with a fresh mango puree and drizzled in Belgium chocolate was a delight. I 100% recommend this place to anyone looking for a real meal and a healthy choice!
Enjoy!