“Beautiful!”

Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Easy to find & well marked trails. Took the difficult route on the way up and easy on the way down so it was a full loop. The difficult trail had much better views. I would recommend this trail to anyone- including beginning hikers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Houston
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband I decided to do this hike after we had started up Hai Ling early in the morning and had gotten about 1/4 of the way up. Not that uphill was so bad, I was worried about face planting on the way down. I am 56 and my husband is 64 and we consider ourselves athletic and in good shape - but I didn't want to risk a broken ankle. Grassi Lakes is a great hike, and very beautiful. Take the more difficult route up. You won't be disappointed.

Edmonton, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Lake with a fairly easy hike”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a beautiful destination that has an easy and a more difficult route, although the difficult is still fairly easy if you are at all in shape. Pack a picnic lunch and some water and it is a great 1/2 day adventure. It was a very hot day when we arrived at the lakes, so we stripped down to our skivvies and took a very cold dip in the icy water. We were not the only people to do this, and it was a grand time. Our 11 and 15 year old children loved the experience.
I would recommend this to anyone that wants a little exercise and a beautiful memory.

Visited July 2014
Manhattan Beach, California
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Hidden Hike”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was recommended by our hotel staff. Wonderful hike--the "strenuous" route wasn't too hard, although those with a fear of heights might have trouble. incredibly scenic and uncrowded (nice change after the tour-bus crowds of Banff). View somewhat marred by all of the hydroelectric activity but very worthwhile.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Take the high road!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Google maps took us to the trail head at the highest elevation point and so we began our hike going against the flow. This was a great place to start, because the rock formations are spectacular and there were lots of people rock climbing, which was fascinating to watch. There are some steep sections, but the built in steps (some stone and some wood) are a terrific aid. We hiked past the lakes (which are crystal clear), down all the way to the bottom parking lot. At this point, we were very grateful that we had gone against the grain, because it was very busy at the bottom. We took advantage of the facilities and picnic tables before heading back up. We had our dog with us - a 50lb Labradoodle. She managed the climb well, although I had to give her a boost up a particularly steep step at one point. This is a very busy trail - so if you can visit on a weekday instead of a weekend, I highly recommend it. There were a lot of people with very small children and the kids were not always happy with the steep grade of the climb. Good footwear is recommended: it is a rocky trail with lots of running water. I was very grateful to have my hiking boots on.