“Meh... Beautiful scenery, great course conditions, but it's the little things....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club

Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Measuring 7,150 yards from the back tee, this par 72, 18-hole mountain golf course is sculpted into the rugged landscape with 35 bunkers, rushing streams, lakes and rocky outcrops.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

When I pay $175 for a round of golf, I expect a few small things. Like a few bottles of water in the cart, a cart ready to go with tees, a yardage book, scorecard etc. None of this was ready to go in the cart (thanks for the ice though). The divot repair sand was empty in our cart as well. Come on Stewart Creek, get your %h%t together. Make me feel like this is a place that I want to return to! Where is your Alberta residents rate? For someone who lives an hour's drive away, you would almost have to beg me to return. This is how I felt before I even got to the range.

As for the course, it's fantastic, and very challenging, even for a seasoned golfer. The views are incredible. Tack on the wildlife roaming around, and the threat of an imminent bear attack, it does make for an adventurous day. We were explicitly told to be extremely careful at the 6th tee box due to a grizzly bear hanging around the area. I asked if they had bear spray, which of course, they didn't, but I'm sure they would have been happy to sell me some at triple to retail rate.

Other people mentioned issues with the course marshalls. We had none. They were around just enough to make sure the course was moving, but at no time did that try and speed us up.

All in all, if you are going to golf here, expect to be treated like a second class citizen(to the members) and pay tourist rates for everything. It's very apparent that they think that every non member there is a tourist, which is not the case, but at the end of the day it is a beautiful and challenging golf course.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank fatlipcdn

Sherwood Park, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“golf tournament”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

staff and service was beyond good, they where helpful and help with set up and take down. Got us golf carts so that we could go around to all players

Visited June 2014
Canmore, Canada
“What an Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stewart Creek is Awesome!! Having played golf all over the world I have to rate this as one of my favourite golfing experiences ever. The layout is fantastic, golf course conditions were superb and the staff went above and beyond to make our day memorable. Every touch point from staff, whether at the bag drop, in the golf shop, on course or in the restaurant was first class. These guys get golf and their blend of professionalism and fun make a great atmosphere. My only comment to improve the course would be to turn the 9th hole from a Par 4 into a Par 3, currently the hole feels a little gimmicky and doesn't fit well with the rest of the layout.

Visited May 2014
Edmonton
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I went to the restaurant at the golf course recently. It was great. Interesting menu, house made breads and jams. Nice sized portions and friendly service. They accommodated our grandchildren nicely and made them comfortable.
The room is well decorated and the views of the mountains can't be beaten.
I have [played the course on previous occasions and think that it is the best in the Bow Valley. It is a bit pricey but they do have early bird rates.

Visited May 2014
Canmore, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have played golf in many different places including Ireland! Many have been over the top! Stewart Creek was by far the best mountain course I have ever played! The views are spectacular, the course was in fantastic shape and the service was top notch!
Well worth the price and will play again!

Visited August 2013