“Challenging Yet Fun”

Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Measuring 7,150 yards from the back tee, this par 72, 18-hole mountain golf course is sculpted into the rugged landscape with 35 bunkers, rushing streams, lakes and rocky outcrops.
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Played with 3 local players. We played from the Blue Tees. The first hole avoid hitting right and left fairway opens up the green. All in all, the course is in great shape after the heavy flood damage it received a little over a year ago from torrential rains and they've posted photos on the holes that were damaged. No water or cart service for beverages on the course, but the pro shop let me know to stock up on water and snacks if needed at the HalfWay House. A couple of the holes can be driven if you are accurate and have the length! Definitely would play again!

1  Thank FuudJunkie
in 8 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice flat lies for a mountain course. Expensive but scenery is very nice. Staff are very friendly and helpfull

Reviewed 24 June 2014

When I pay $175 for a round of golf, I expect a few small things. Like a few bottles of water in the cart, a cart ready to go with tees, a yardage book, scorecard etc. None of this was ready to go in the cart (thanks for the ice though). The divot repair sand was empty in our cart as well. Come on Stewart Creek, get your %h%t together. Make me feel like this is a place that I want to return to! Where is your Alberta residents rate? For someone who lives an hour's drive away, you would almost have to beg me to return. This is how I felt before I even got to the range.

As for the course, it's fantastic, and very challenging, even for a seasoned golfer. The views are incredible. Tack on the wildlife roaming around, and the threat of an imminent bear attack, it does make for an adventurous day. We were explicitly told to be extremely careful at the 6th tee box due to a grizzly bear hanging around the area. I asked if they had bear spray, which of course, they didn't, but I'm sure they would have been happy to sell me some at triple to retail rate.

Other people mentioned issues with the course marshalls. We had none. They were around just enough to make sure the course was moving, but at no time did that try and speed us up.

All in all, if you are going to golf here, expect to be treated like a second class citizen(to the members) and pay tourist rates for everything. It's very apparent that they think that every non member there is a tourist, which is not the case, but at the end of the day it is a beautiful and challenging golf course.

1  Thank fatlipcdn
Reviewed 14 June 2014

staff and service was beyond good, they where helpful and help with set up and take down. Got us golf carts so that we could go around to all players

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stewart Creek is Awesome!! Having played golf all over the world I have to rate this as one of my favourite golfing experiences ever. The layout is fantastic, golf course conditions were superb and the staff went above and beyond to make our day memorable. Every touch point from staff, whether at the bag drop, in the golf shop, on course or in the restaurant was first class. These guys get golf and their blend of professionalism and fun make a great atmosphere. My only comment to improve the course would be to turn the 9th hole from a Par 4 into a Par 3, currently the hole feels a little gimmicky and doesn't fit well with the rest of the layout.