“Happy place. Music too!”
Review of Good Earth Cafe

Good Earth Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Canmore
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Serving specialty tea and coffee drinks and hearty soups, sandwiches, stews and salads. Live music every Friday evening, free internet.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've been a fan of Good Earth since I was in university and discovered one in SW Calgary. It's good healthy food and fair trade tasty coffee. I'm delighted to see locations now in Red Deer and Canmore. In Canmore the Main Street location is large and has a very welcoming and friendly energy. It's welcoming for groups, families, solo's, people working on the lap top. Also to my delight this Good Earth location hosts live music in the evening on a regular basis. I saw Trent Slevin while in town. It's wonderful to be able to listen to live music in a location other then a bar. Yay for you Good Earth Canmore, you added to a nice few days break

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a Minestrone soup and sandwich. The soup was bland and thats a compliment. I was told there was no dairy in the meal. About half way through I noticed the sandwich was slathered with sour cream. Last I checked sour cream was classified as dairy. I was sick all afternoon. Thanks Good Earth!!! Never again. You need to label what you put in your food!!! If you have dietary issues, beware!

dehutton, Owner at Good Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at Good Earth. Allergic reaction to food is of great concern to us so every café has an ingredient listing of all our offerings with common allergens highlighted. Staff are directed to show customers the ingredient list for any item they're enquiring about. You didn't specify which sandwich you had so I can't answer whether there was dairy on it or not, however I can assure you that we don't put sour cream on any sandwiches nor do we carry it as an ingredient in the café. We do put mayonnaise on most of our sandwiches but it is a dairy free product. I'm very sorry that a member of your party was ill and additionally sorry if we contributed to that illness by not being thorough enough in addressing your allergy concerns.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Was in Canmore during the winter festival and hot chocolate was advertised outside the Good Earth Cafe. Decided to check out inside and saw the special was salted caramel rooibos latte. Terrific flavor. Not quite as hot as it should have been when it was served, but taste just fine. The food looked interesting--and would be great to try another day.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

There is a reason this place is hopping, great supporter of live music, plethora of soups, sandwiches and baked goods. Superb cappuccino and salted caramel rooibos latte delish! Staff were fast, friendly and eager to please! this is a top Canmore stop, I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stopped in to warm up on a cold day in Canmore. Had a Latte that was nice and hot with a good kick of expresso. The snacks are all home made and are compliment the hot beverages.