“Good tacos, but took way too long.”
Review of Castillo's Gourmet - CLOSED

Castillo's Gourmet
Cuisines: Mexican
Calgary, Canada
“Good tacos, but took way too long.”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch around 2PM on a Sunday. It was not that busy by any means. Since we just wanted a quick light meal, we ordered chips and guacamole and 3 tacos al pastor. So, whether you are in Mexico or in the mountains in Canada, nobody goes out for tacos to have a long dining experience. It's meant to be good, cheap, and fast. It first took about 10 minutes for the chips and guac to come, that's fine, but then it took another 30 minutes for the tacos. I mean, the pork is already cooked. It should not take more than about 30 seconds per taco to make and plate. If the place was jam packed I'd understand, but not at the level it was at the time. The quality of the food was not bad at all, although I preferred the tacos al pastor at Los Chilitos in the Calgary farmer's market. I'd say if you're in the mood for tacos in Canmore, go there, but not if you're expecting quick service.

• Visited January 2013

Leuven, Belgium
“Healthy lunch menu”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This place offers a variety of healthy food and drinks. We enjoyed the carrot-celery-apple juice (Jugo de Canmore) with a tasteful wrap as lunch.
However one negative element: the sofa-chairs inside are not very comfortable to sit and eat at the same time.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Early_Traveler
kelowna, BC
“Do not go here for breakfast”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We were in a rush to grab some breakfast and this is the first place we saw. Wish we had of kept looking. The prices were outrageous and the food wasn't very good. Breakfast menu is pretty limited so without time to go searching for something else, we just went ahead and ordered.

Didn't take too terribly long to get the food out to us but it was definitely a letdown when it arrived.

Lunch and dinner menu looked pretty good but didn't try them.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank climbingbum
Lethbridge, Canada
“Excellent restaurant with amazing food!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We went for lunch and The hostess/waitress was extremely pleasant and the food was phenomenal. I had split the fresh salsa and chips for an appetizer which was mouth watering. If they had that salsa to go, I would have bought a container for later. My mother had the quinoa salad which she adored and I split the beef tacos with my picky daughter which was a definite hit. I would not miss this place and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank DKazakoff
Chester, United Kingdom
“Tasty tacos”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Very nicely presented, tasted fresh and service was good. I sampled the mixed tacos and my husband and the grilled sandwich.

• Visited September 2012