“Awesome resort!”

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Thessalon, Canada
“Awesome resort!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Awesome resort. Friendly helpful staff. There were three adults in the one bedroom suite, lots of room. Very nice to have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. The outdoor hot tub was very nice you could just see the tops of the mountains over the trees. The patio restaurant had amazing views, great food. Easy access off the highway. Close to Banff. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: I read reviews on this resort before booking and booked the 1 bedroom suite, well worth the extra co...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at the Wind tower lodge and suites for the september long weekend. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very nice and spacious. I would highly recommend booking a one + room suite. The only odd thing was that the room didn't have any ac. However my friend and I found I tower fan in the closet which we used. Though the room didn't get at warm at all.

As for the restaurant; the continental breakfast was delicious and provided a lot of options. But when me and my friend went there for supper one evening It was quite a different experience. I ordered a steak (medium well) with a a side of fries and seasonal vegetables. We wait almost an hour for our food. And my steak was very well done and grey. (By this time we had figured out that there was only one server for the entire restaurant) I politely let my server know that the steak was not cooked to my satisfaction, and had it sent back. About 15 mins later she came back with a message from the kitchen: "the kitchen staff said thats how they have always cooked a steak, so how do you want it?". I certainly was not impressed that the kitchen would send a rebuttal back to a paying customer. A medium well steak has pink in the middle with no blood. I was served a grey hard very over cooked steak. Since it seemed that this request was a difficult one, I asked to have it cooked medium. (That way when they screw up and overcook it, I will still get what I want.) After waiting for another 30 minutes I received my meal again. Again the steak was well done. More than the first time!!! When the server asked me how my meal was, I told her that my steak is more cooked than it was the first time. She offered to take it back, but I explained that I had already been there for 2 hours and I had not more time to waste. After all that I was still charged full price for my meal. As I was paying, the server admitted that she had several customers walk out on her that night due to wait time, food errors and lack of service. I for one, was certainly not impressed at all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is located in the small town Canmore, just about 15 miles from Banff. WHat a beautiful hotel! The only problem was that we visited BAnff in July and the hotel is built for winter use, so... no air conditioners in the rooms even though a very powerful AC is making hallways feel like you are inside a fridge. Everything else is just perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Venice
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is wonderful, easy to find, very well appointed and absolutely immaculate. It is a very short drive into the pretty little town with individually owned shops.

The beds at The Windtower are amazing - our room had a body contour mattress on top of a firm mattress which you just sank into, the comfort was unbelievable..... we've never slept better and I know what I am going to be buying when I get home.

They offer a full hot and cold breakfast with excellent choices, and a Grill Room serving lunch and dinner.

The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to help you.

After a busy day sitting in the outdoor hot tub with the wonderful view of The Rockies just removes all stress.

This is our second visit to The Windtower and we will certainly be back - but - next time for a longer stay.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have stayed in the hotel room side twice, so we can't comment on what the suites are like. The rooms are small and the largest bed you can get is a queen, so if you need a larger bed, the hotel room won't suit your needs. The rooms are basic and small, so if your not going to spend a lot of time in your room, then the price is right. Beds are okay. Fitness room is small and pretty basic, the lounge is okay for some drinks, wine list is small, and the menu isn't great. The breakfast buffet is your typical Holiday Inn Express kind of set up, and it can be a mad house. Ordered from the breakfast menu once and your really not getting anything different in quality. Check in time is at 4:00 p.m.. If your looking for an early check in, good luck!! Internet was slow but that seems to be typical in a lot of hotels in Canmore that we have tried. On the plus side, the hotel is very clean, quiet, and the staff are very friendly no matter where you are in the hotel. This is one of those hotels where if you are looking for good value but not concerned about all the amenities and comfort, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor or above. If you need space for unpacking, interneting etc, try a one b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
edmonton
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at the Windtower and we really enjoyed it. The staff was great and the hotel was very clean. Before booking our stay I read a few reviews about the rooms being small.. yes it was tiny, but the room had what we needed.. a shower and a bed. If you are going to somewhere like Canmore/Banff to spend your time in a hotel room then why go?? It's too pretty there to spend time in a hotel room.
I was also pleasantly suprised by the continental breakfast. I was expecting just bread, cereals and juice. They had everything! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, and sauasage. All of it was delicious!
The only negative thing I have to say is that I'm pretty sure the bed was 2 beds put together.. I found myself falling into the crack of the 2 beds throughout the night.
Aside from that I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I booked through hotwire expecting a room value listed by hotwire. When I called the hotel after booking I found out it was there lowest price room which was small and lacking space for our 2 year old. I upgraded to a larger room, however I had to pay additional. Disappointed considering what hotwire valued the room at.

Room Tip: Don't purchase through hotwire on the secret hotel option.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Canmore hotels