Windtower Lodge & Suites
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Hampshire Inn(Canmore)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsunderground parkingrooms are smallkeurig coffee makerone bedroom suitethe outdoor hot tubfull kitchenyogurtthe king size bedwasher and dryercomplimentary breakfastcanadian rockiesmountainselkbanfffireplacestovepatio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This trip was as a result of a Living Social group coupon deal. We had been considering an overnight trip to Waterton Park, but I couldn't beat this Canmore area Living Social deal and purchased a coupon for a one night stay that included accommodations, 2 hot breakfasts, free underground parking and a free appetizer in their lounge.

We checked in at 4:00 and went up to our room. The room was clean and included a double or queen bed, corner mounted flat screen TV, and a Keurig coffee maker. The room was smallish and located on the side of the hotel where the highway was. The bathroom had nice amenities and included a shower and tub. We did park in the underground parking garage which was nice as we had driven up in our Corvette and would not have wanted to park it outside. After check in, we headed down to the Lounge (which doubles as a restaurant and breakfast room depending on the time of day) for our free appetizer. We ordered chicken wings from the pub menu and they were excellent.
After this we headed to Banff, which is about a 10 minute drive from the property and had dinner there prior to heading back to the hotel. Once back, we hung out in their outdoor hot tub which was just the right temperature. We chatted with another couple who advised us that the property is very pet friendly. I had been unaware of this but apparently the staff are very accommodating of pets and we made a note that if we were to return to this area for a short trip, this property would be taken under consideration as we may have the option of bringing our dog.
The room was rather hot for sleeping that night and I tried to figure out the thermostat, but quickly realized that the heat in the room comes from in floor heating. There is a ceiling fan in the room and the room was also equipped with an upright fan that I turned on. I kept the window open and found that the highway noise at night was not nearly as loud as I would have expected. I mentioned the heat in the room to the desk staff in the morning and they explained about the in floor heat being newly installed. Had I called down during the night they could have advised me as to how I might have decreased the temperature in the room, but I was too lazy to bother so it was my bad that I found it too warm. The bed itself was very comfortable and had a cloud like duvet.

The hotel itself is quite attractive, with a fireplace and coffee available in the lobby. Canmore is a nice little mountain town in its own right and from the hotel there is quick access to the downtown area. Banff is a 10 minute drive away and there are many dining and shopping options as well as outdoor activities available. There is a charge for entering into Banff National Park. The pass is valid for 24 hours so you can leave and go back from Canmore as many times as you like during a 24 hour period.

I would return and stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for that review, we would love to have you back! Please do come back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I actually found out about this gem on a living social escape deal. I'm not sure I would have looked at it otherwise (I usually stuck with the 'big name' guys), but I'm so glad I took the chance on this place. It was a nice few days away with my oldest daughter to have some reconnection time in a busy life. It was clean, quiet, comfortable (we had a two twin bed room), and the food was great. The staff from check in to check out were friendly, helpful, greeting us with each entry and exit of the building. The included hot buffet breakfast was nice, the service was great. I felt secure with the locked key card access floors. Would definitely stay another time. Other then sleeping and eating there we were out enjoying the travels around going to Lake Louise, the icefields parkway and then off to banff the next day before heading home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words and glowing 5 star sentiments! Please join us again soon for another wonderful stay at the Windtower Lodge & Suites.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time to Windtower with my girlfriend. Friendly service, nice and spacious rooms and a cabin type atmosphere created a really nice feel. Location was fantastic with a nice view of the mountains --- only very minor drawback is proximity to the TransCanada highway, which was a little noisy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay at our property. I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay but only wish room was not so near the main road as could hear traffic even with windows closed! Also, wished there had been a microwave in room to hear up our coffee. Otherwise, nice room.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best deal in the Rockies. Nice room with great imenities. Free hot breakfast every morning, scrambled eggs,bacon,sausage and hash browns. Full suites available on request. Disappointed they didn't have a barbecue.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!