“Nice Hotel”

Windtower Lodge & Suites
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend and I only needed one night accommodation for a quick stop over. We had a small cute room with 2 twin beds, even had a Keurig coffee maker in it. I believe this hotel mainly consists of 1 and 2 bedroom units and our room was probably the 2. bedroom to a bigger unit. Room was clean and the beds very comfy. Breakfast buffet was included and was ok, not too many choices, your scrambled eggs, bacon, some cereal and bread. If you wanted underground parking, there's an additional $5 fee, so we parked on the street right in front of the hotel. The hotel is an easy 10 minute walk to Main Street. The breakfast room serves as restaurant in the evening and there's also a nice seating area in the lobby with TV and fireplace.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EdmontonDisneyfan
Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is the only good point
Rooms are hot and humid fans are not effective we had to have two fans on and window open in june this was dangerous as we were on the ground floor
Only cool place was the common passage which had a forced thrust of cool air.
I would not recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank cyrusshroff
Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to contribute your feelings. It is unfortunate that we could not provide you with an exceptional experience. We do have a limited amount of portable A/C units that we can have maintenance install in the rooms if requested. I do hope you would give our property another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was o.k. Each time we thought about heading to the hot tub, it was full. The breakfast was good, but busy as well. We waited around 15 minutes to be seated, so the trick may be to go early. The downtown area of Canmore is an easy 5-10 minute walk away. If I had to go back I would request something other than the 1st floor just for safety and security reasons. The underground parkade is tight, especially when people have no interest or ability to park their vehicles between the yellow lines. I think there are many other places I would try before returning to the Windtower.

Room Tip: Anything on the back of the building maybe quieter as it is away from the roadway. 101 is right abov...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for contributing your feedback. Feedback is essential to our growth and service promise.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This trip was as a result of a Living Social group coupon deal. We had been considering an overnight trip to Waterton Park, but I couldn't beat this Canmore area Living Social deal and purchased a coupon for a one night stay that included accommodations, 2 hot breakfasts, free underground parking and a free appetizer in their lounge.

We checked in at 4:00 and went up to our room. The room was clean and included a double or queen bed, corner mounted flat screen TV, and a Keurig coffee maker. The room was smallish and located on the side of the hotel where the highway was. The bathroom had nice amenities and included a shower and tub. We did park in the underground parking garage which was nice as we had driven up in our Corvette and would not have wanted to park it outside. After check in, we headed down to the Lounge (which doubles as a restaurant and breakfast room depending on the time of day) for our free appetizer. We ordered chicken wings from the pub menu and they were excellent.
After this we headed to Banff, which is about a 10 minute drive from the property and had dinner there prior to heading back to the hotel. Once back, we hung out in their outdoor hot tub which was just the right temperature. We chatted with another couple who advised us that the property is very pet friendly. I had been unaware of this but apparently the staff are very accommodating of pets and we made a note that if we were to return to this area for a short trip, this property would be taken under consideration as we may have the option of bringing our dog.
The room was rather hot for sleeping that night and I tried to figure out the thermostat, but quickly realized that the heat in the room comes from in floor heating. There is a ceiling fan in the room and the room was also equipped with an upright fan that I turned on. I kept the window open and found that the highway noise at night was not nearly as loud as I would have expected. I mentioned the heat in the room to the desk staff in the morning and they explained about the in floor heat being newly installed. Had I called down during the night they could have advised me as to how I might have decreased the temperature in the room, but I was too lazy to bother so it was my bad that I found it too warm. The bed itself was very comfortable and had a cloud like duvet.

The hotel itself is quite attractive, with a fireplace and coffee available in the lobby. Canmore is a nice little mountain town in its own right and from the hotel there is quick access to the downtown area. Banff is a 10 minute drive away and there are many dining and shopping options as well as outdoor activities available. There is a charge for entering into Banff National Park. The pass is valid for 24 hours so you can leave and go back from Canmore as many times as you like during a 24 hour period.

I would return and stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for that review, we would love to have you back! Please do come back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I actually found out about this gem on a living social escape deal. I'm not sure I would have looked at it otherwise (I usually stuck with the 'big name' guys), but I'm so glad I took the chance on this place. It was a nice few days away with my oldest daughter to have some reconnection time in a busy life. It was clean, quiet, comfortable (we had a two twin bed room), and the food was great. The staff from check in to check out were friendly, helpful, greeting us with each entry and exit of the building. The included hot buffet breakfast was nice, the service was great. I felt secure with the locked key card access floors. Would definitely stay another time. Other then sleeping and eating there we were out enjoying the travels around going to Lake Louise, the icefields parkway and then off to banff the next day before heading home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words and glowing 5 star sentiments! Please join us again soon for another wonderful stay at the Windtower Lodge & Suites.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time to Windtower with my girlfriend. Friendly service, nice and spacious rooms and a cabin type atmosphere created a really nice feel. Location was fantastic with a nice view of the mountains --- only very minor drawback is proximity to the TransCanada highway, which was a little noisy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay at our property. I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay but only wish room was not so near the main road as could hear traffic even with windows closed! Also, wished there had been a microwave in room to hear up our coffee. Otherwise, nice room.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!