“Groupon Buyers Beware”

Windtower Lodge & Suites
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 17 August 2014

So we purchased a 1 night stay here through Groupon (my 1st purchase for accommodation). We decided that we would stay a 2nd night at full price to go to Banff for the day. The "groupon" purchase room was little more than a walk in closet, located on the driveway with the street lamp shining through the window. This room was advertised on Groupon with a value of $179 per night for $99. The next night we were moved to the full price room at $229 per night, sadly it was a few doors down from the "closet" still on the driveway! The staff at the front desk were not very friendly however the cleaning people were. We would not stay here again.

2  Thank Mary L

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Two couples shared a suite which had a washer & dryer and small kitchen. It was quiet, private, breakfast was good, and the dinner special was awesome. The location was ideal as we didn't want to enter Banff until the next day. I would return there if hotels are too pricey in Banff as it's a short drive.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brittany P, Guest Relations Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for your glowing review! It is always a pleasure to read such great comments! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in July of 2014 and in a very competative Canmore market some issues need to be resolved. NO AC.....only in common areas of the hotel but not in the rooms....all hotels have AC.
PIGIEONS EVERYWHERE........these are easy fixes with some "bird spikes" but I know for a fact that this problem has been ignored for more than a year.......the pigieons are pooping in the hot tub area! GROSS! Restaurant food quality needs a major overhaul. I am a Red Seal Chef by trade and it looks as if you need a good one within your food and beverage department. I gave this property an average rating only because I much prefer staying in Canmore to Banff.

Room Tip: Stay here only if rooms are on sale.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandon O

I am sorry to learn of your recent experience. I would like to discuss this with your further and encourage you to contact me directly at admin@windtower.ca. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here over a weekend in July and I'll start with the positive. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was good, it was really nice to have a restaurant at the location. It is pet friendly, which is awesome. Here comes the part why I rated it so low...the room was the smallest room i've seen and I've stayed in some pretty small places. The rooms didn't have A/C, which made the small room unbearbly hot. Both my husband (who sleeps through everything) and I didn't sleep at all. We tried to get a suite, but they were fully booked. I love Canmore and I don't need a fancy place to stay, but again, this was so incredibly small that it definitely was not worth the $$ that we payed. The suites may be different, but this was just the queen room. I hate to say this because again, the staff were great, but I really don't think I would stay here again.

2  Thank Megraff

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to hear that you received great service from our staff!

I apologize that the size of our Standard Room did not meet your expectations. I would highly recommend trying one of our One Bedroom Suites for your next stay, some of these suites are equipped with a portable A/C unit which you can request while making your reservation.

I do hope you give our property another try!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Canmore was a wonderful little quiet town. It was a great alternative to Banff. We stayed two nights at the Wintower and wish we could stay longer. But because of the location it allowed us to do everything there was to see in the surrounding area in a short time. Our room was a little small but clean with a great view of the mountains. The linens, comforter and pillows were fresh, clean and up to date. The hot breakfast was included which both of us enjoyed. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to my friends and family and in fact I already have.

Room Tip: Some rooms have suites which can accommodate a large group however, this can be a bit noisy for the...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for sharing all these lovely comments with us, we truly do appreciate it. I am pleased to hear you had such a great experience here at the Windtower Lodge & Suites and enjoyed Canmore!! I know we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was just staying one night so didn't need anything too fancy. Outside temperature was +30 C and there was no air conditioning in the room, just a fan which helped. Left the window open to get some cool air but there was quite a bit of highway noise as my room backed on to Hwy 1. Didn't try the breakfast as I was meeting a group of motorcyclists for breakfast. Bed was large and comfortable. Close to downtown Canmore, probably a 10-15 minute walk. Had trouble getting out of the underground parking with the motorccyle as I couldn't trip the electric eye to open the garage door. Staff were very courteous and helpful. I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: if it is hot and you want to open your window, try to get a room that doesn't back onto Hwy 1...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Room suitable for a couple; big bed.
Loved the breakfast.
The staff was very nice, especially the barman in the evening.
The Wi-Fi was very good in the room ( our friends' room wasn't on the list and they used the neigbour room ).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate it very much! I will be sure to share your lovely comments with our restaurant staff! We hope to accommodate you again in the future.