“Go here,”

Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Feel transported as ancient Brazilian traditions come alive in our churrascaria - our house of barbecue - and special place that bursts with authentic South American atmosphere. Enjoy the rich sights and sounds that echo our unique history and dedication to superior taste, while traditionally dressed servers offer an incredible selection of perfectly roasted meats to choose from. Celebrate any occasion in these perfect settings, located in Calgary and Canmore, AB.
Calgary, Canada
“Go here,”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

No booking, we got a table in what is a very busy restaurant in Canmore. Before you start it will cost $39 per head, so it is a little on the expensive side. However you will leave feeling full. You need to like meat. They also have help yourself fresh, green salads. Meats were really good, rib beef was the tastiest, along with the provolone cheese.
Good service, clean, a little on the bright side at the bar. No music. But as it's full the atmosphere is there. Cost $130 for Dinner and 4 glasses of house wine. Nb if you have kids under 11 it's great $15 for dinner and ice cream, soda.
Will go back.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“I didn't want to like it but I just couldn't help it!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

As the title says I really, really, really wanted to hate this restaurant. This want stems back to another trip to Canmore where my wife and I were refused service at this same restaurant because, as the hostess told us the kitchen was closed - at the same time fresh hot meat was coming right behind her into the dinning room for patrons who were in the middle of their meals. That experience soured me on this place and I refused to go back until this trip.

My wife really wanted to try Gaucho as she had heard good things about it so begrudgingly I made a reservation. We arrived 20 minutes early but decided to check and see if our table was ready. The wait staff that greeted us at the door was very friendly and said there would be no problem with getting in early. We were quickly seated and Emily (our waitress for the evening) came over to get drink orders and explain how the Brazilian BBQ worked. I was already impressed at this point and the coming food was icing on the cake!

Very quickly (within 10 minutes of being seated) we were able to go to the salad bar which was fully stocked with both fresh and hot choices. I went back twice and both times all of the salad and hot options were fully stocked. I enjoyed caesar salad, spinach salad, fresh mozza ball salad, and cheesy mashed potatoes all excellent and tasty. By the time we came back from the first trip to the salad bar our drinks were waiting for us.

Emily was very attentive and kept our drinks full. At first the meat was slow to arrive at the table but that changed once Emily mentioned to the chefs not to forget us. Every cut of meat we tried from the BBQ was amazing and I am sure I enjoyed my $40 worth of meat and then some.

Emily and the chefs need to be commended for their excellent service and for the food they presented to us. Their friendly manner and tasty treats really made our night. I would go back again anytime and we plan to make this restaurant a usual haunt when we are in town.

Although the food was a little bit more than we usually spend when in Canmore it was well worth it! I would recommend this to anyone that wants a different dinning experience that is also a quality dinning experience and to anyone that is looking for a paleo/primal friendly dinning experience.

• Visited December 2013
“Cool experience, great location on main strip in Canmore”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Really fun experience for us, the pork was my personal favourite; chicken wings were my least favourite; sausage tasted like hot dog to me, but my husband liked it. Salads were excellent --loved the beet salad best. rice was awesome. Service was really friendly. Was a little pricey I think -- 75 for two to eat include a glass of wine and a bottle of Brazilian beer --- but it was downtown Canmore -- so I think that price is likely comparable to other options. All round it was a really good lunch for us.

Visited December 2013
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Very funny experience!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Every single staff member made this a truly memorable experience for my boyfriend and I. They were polite, professional, prompt, and enthusiastic. We had a lot of fun trying the different meats during our supper-time meal. My favorite was definitely the Pork Loin. The salads were very fresh, and the hot food at the salad bar was quite tasty. This place also presents with a very nice decor and soothing atmosphere.

The only downside was the price. However, considering it's all you can eat, it's worth it.

**Tip: if you're going for supper, have a normal meal the night before, and a light breakfast the day of, so you can make this meal worth while.

• Visited November 2013
CARBON
“Great experience, even better food”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Not a place to go if you're in a hurry, but definitely the place to sit and enjoy a meal. Take your time and taste all the various meats you're tempted with.

• Visited November 2012