US$233
Solara Resort
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$158
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$138
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$145
Days Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$289
US$208
Lamphouse Hotel(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$144
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$214
Hotwire.com
1,191 results
All reviewsbest westernswestern hotelsgift cardtim hortonsbreakfast room isgas fireplacefree breakfastyogurthot itemsvery nice hotelhot tubpool arealarge roombanff national parkhot breakfastcomfortable bedswould stay here again
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Our stay at the Best Western Pocaterra Inn went off without a hitch.

I used my AAA/CAA/AMA card to get a special rate.

Check-in was quick, and the desk staff was helpful. It was full-up for the night, and yet I didn't hear a thing from other hotel guests even though our room was on the first (ground) floor with a window at parking lot level.

Our standard room was quite large, with a spacious bathroom (no complaints besides the built-in soap/shampoo dispenser was a bit cheap), two comfortable Queen beds, a fridge, a standard tube tv, and a built-in fireplace (with a 30 minute maximum timer).

The rooms themselves I estimate to be of a late 1990's vintage, while the reception and exterior looks to be mid 1990's. The room was very clean, and I felt rather relaxed while staying there.

The staff were efficient at check-out, and even allowed me to sneak into the breakfast room after 9:00am (it was 9:03 am) to fetch a few muffins and apples.

I will surely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mattydavy
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Stayed at the Pocaterra Inn for 3 nights for a ski weekend with our 2 children and 2 other families. We all loved the pool, water slide and hot tub and the breakfast included in the price was an excellent way to fuel up for the ski day. We were so pleased to see that they use china, glass and stainless steel cutlery unlike some hotels who use foam and plastic. Not only is it better for the environment but much nicer to eat and drink from. The rooms were fine with very comfortable mattresses and very clean bathrooms. The rooms were very hot however, and the lift very slow. All in all a very suitable hotel for our family - very family friendly. We got a good price and thought it excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Adele02
Reviewed 26 January 2008

After spending ENDLESS hours reviewing hotels in Banff, I was all but ready to give up when I stumbled across a fellow Trip Advisor member who highly recommended this place over the Best Western in the Banff area. (Yeah--Trip Advisor!!) I was very satisfied with this hotel, and with Canmore in general. After touring Banff, I was greatly relieved that I did not stay in Banff-- it is a crowded, trendy, over-rated ski town, in my opinion. We paid $10.00 extra for a gas fireplace and balcony--worth every cent. This a extremely clean and tastefully decorated hotel. My only complaint was the staff is a bit snobby, noted especially the first morning when I accompanied my kids to the pool and I was questioned by a young woman at the front desk who asked what room we were in as if we were "poolcrashers" I found that insulting and should have addessed it with management. Canmore seems to offer a excellent selection of hotels and the people seem friendlier and more down to Earth than Banff. Without a doubt, I would choose Canmore again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank NDfarmgirl
Reviewed 5 December 2007

We stayed at the Best Western Pocaterra Inn as a last minute thing and booked into one of the best rooms there. It was spacious with a gas fireplace, very comfy king bed, flat screen tv and desk area. The bath room was nice and spacious too with a jacuzzi bath. The shower was a cheap plastic shell rather than tiled in but was nice and clean. The amenities were ok. Shower amenities were from a dispenser which i am not a fan of but there was soap from the Rocky Mountain Soap Company which is very nice. Breakfast was just a continental buffet which had a nice variety but not extensive. However for the price paid, you cant expect much more. Overall a very good hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank SKirby64
Reviewed 29 October 2007

We stayed at the Pocaterra Inn for 2 nights in October. The hotel is excellent, very clean and well presented. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again. If you want to check out Banff, it's a short and scenic 10min trip (23 km)

Our room was very modern and spacious with a balcony overlooking the mountains. King sized bed, 2 big arm chairs in front of a gas fireplace, large TV, Stereo, very large bathroom with Jacuzzi and separate shower, hair dryer, microwave, fridge, Iron and Ironing board.

There is a swimming pool with a slide, a large hot tub, steam room, sauna as well as a gym. Looking outside from the pool or the hot tub, you're surrounded by mountain views in every direction. There are outstanding mountain views from just about anywhere in the hotel.

Continental breakfast (included in stay) was served every morning 7 - 10 which included fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, a nice variety of breads for toasting, croissants, muffins, danishes. Hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee. Afternoons they put out a tray of cookies and some iced tea. There was a computer with internet access available for guests in the lobby.

Downtown Canmore is much more relaxed compared to Banff. Nice shops, lots of places to eat or stop for a coffee. We had dinner at the "French Quarter" restaurant, I would definitely recommend it for a nice dinner out. Not much to look at during lunch time, but they really dress it up nice for dinner, white table clothes, candles..

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple