1,198 results
All reviews best westerns western hotels gift card tim hortons breakfast room is gas fireplace complimentary breakfast hot items yogurt very nice hotel hot tub pool area large room banff national park comfortable beds fridge and microwave a great place to stay
Reviewed 2 July 2007

Arrived at the Pocaterra Inn to check in for my 2 night stay, in a mountain view room. But my booking, which I had made directly with the Best Western back in February 2007, had been cancelled. No one could explain to me why this had happened, they had no rooms available - except for a room in the basement- which I choose not to accept!
Alternative accomodation was found for me (but only because I stood at the front desk asking them what they were going to do), the hotel I eventually stayed in was satisfactory, but no mountain view. In all very disappointed with Best Western

• Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank t-m-c-m
Reviewed 25 June 2007

Had a fourth-floor room with a King-bed, gas fireplace, and a jetted tub in the bathroom. While the hotel had a few faults (remote batteries were dead, a light bulb out), I was impressed overall. Had a good mountain view. Didn't hear the traffic from the highway. Even had an LCD HDTV in the room. It was close to the highway and a quick drive to the parks. I was especially impressed by the staff when they kept their composure when the power went out for about an hour.

My only real problem was that their breakfast was below average. The juice out of the juice machine was warm, the variety lacking, and there was no way to take your breakfast to go. But who am I to complain about free breakfast?

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Socius
Reviewed 22 June 2007

We stayed in the Pocaterra Inn Canmore for 3 nights at the begining of June and found it to be a great place. Our room was at the front of the property and nicely furnished with two queen sized beds, the room also had a microwave, coffe-maker, a fridge, and air conditioning. The views from the window were outstanding- beautiful mountains. Housekeeping was very good, the linen and towels were of a high standard, the rooms were very clean.
The hotel has a decent sized swimming pool complete with a spiral slide, there is also a large jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a gym - all free to guests.
The hotel breakfast was help yourself and of average quality. but overall it was adequate for our needs and edible. The hotel provided a nice touch in the afternoon - complimentary iced tea and home made cookies - very yummy!
It takes approx. 15 mins to walk into Canmore, but there are chain restaurants along the highway which take only 5mins, such as Macdonalds, Boston Pizza etc.
For the price, quality and position I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2007

We stayed for three nights (wish it was longer!) and found this to be an excellent property.

The staff were all so helpful and very friendly.
Great pool for kids.
Nice continental breakfast in the morning.

The rooms had many amenities that I did not expect, very comfortable, clean and spacious.

The view was breathtaking, I guess that just goes with the territory tho! Close to many restaurants and only a 23 km trip to Banff.

I would highly recommend as I stay in many (too many) hotels for business and this was one of the best......no pun intended ;)

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 4 May 2007

We stayed here in early March - our first trip to Canada - and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this inn. Upon arrival, the reception staff member (a trainee, I think) was most courteous and helpful, as was his colleague. The room was well above average - very spacious, clean and warm - with great views of the snow-capped mountains. The continental style breakfast was just average - and the staff not so courteous, but it was convenient to have breakfast in the hotel. The lobby was most pleasant with a very warm and welcoming fireplace, comfortable seats, plenty of reading material and a free internet connection. The swimming pool also looked very inviting. The Manager was most friendly, often stopping for a chat with his guests, including ourselves. The only down-side to this hotel was its location - we thought it was a little far out of town. Too far too walk as we didn't have a car. However, would definitely stay here again due to the courteous staff, cleanliness of the hotel and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple