“I was very disappointed with my experience this past Sunday.”

Canmore Golf and Curling Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A truly inspiring Rocky Mountain golf experience. 18-hole golf course, public driving range, golf shop and full-service dining. Casual, friendly and fun!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 May 2014

1- I booked a tee of time for 9 holes for 11:10am on Sunday May 11th. Upon my arrival I was informed that due to the frost, all tee off times are delayed. I asked the gentlemen why wasn't I informed of this before coming here by a phone call or something. The gentlemen replied saying that they just simply don't do that.

2- The gentlemen told me that my tee off time was rescheduled for 12:30pm. I arrived at the golf course at 12:10 to give me some time to practice chipping and putting & possibly hit some balls at the driving range. Upon my arrival I hear my name through speakers saying that I was next in line. I was then rushed to pay and get my cart to start my round. While paying at the counter the gentlemen informed me that during weekends we don't accept 9 holes and that we had to pay for 18. I had to battle with the gentlemen and explain to him that when I booked my tee off time that I booked for 9 holes.

3- The golf course itself is nice to play on but not when you are rushed. during my 9 holes, we were told twice by 2 different marshals to hurry up.

Conclusion: That was the first time I was ever told by a marshal to hurry up and now twice on this course! on a 9 Hole! that's ridiculous. The game of golf is supposed to be fun and relaxing and not stressed! I blame the poor organizing and planning skills of the Canmore golf and curling club. Maybe if the club had started the tee off times at 11am instead of 9am, or if they would come up with a better system for keeping client phone numbers for situations like this, this problem could have been avoided. But I get it, at the end of the day it's a business, and they were probably trying to get as many people on the golf course to make as much money as they can. and its too bad because I have played there before and enjoyed it, but its experiences like that, that makes me want to never come back again.

4  Thank Simon P

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This Canmore golf course eatery is fabulous. The large outdoor patio is amazing during the summer months. The views and the abundance of fresh flowers cause you to linger for hours. The food and service were great!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is a great place to golf with great views of the valley and at a reasonable price! The food is ALWAYS great, whether it is for lunch or dinner. Awesome patio overlooking the course, the mountains and a pond.
Also a great venue for a wedding!!! Beautiful location! Staff are all amazing as well!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Attended the men's bonspiel. We were served a rib dinner, a breakfast buffet and a prime rib dinner. All were excellent. Drinks were reasonable. The mountain view is second to none or you can watch curling in the lounge.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

You just have to try this facility which is listed as a public course in Canmore
The quality of the course,the dining room and the hospitality level is far above many some private course

1  Thank marcelfro