“We will be back with the rest of the family!”

Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Thank-you Mystic Springs we had a great time reconnecting as a family. There was plenty of space for everyone. The kids had a great time in the pool, we like that it's close to all the rooms. We only spent one night with Grandma and Grandpa but we'll be back with the rest of the family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you and we are glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay. We can't wait to see you again!!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We will never ever stay at this hotel again as we were promised fixes to problems that were orginally experienced in August. Issues were blamed on Bellstar Hotels & Resorts but these issues are still ongoing at the newly minted Waymarker Hospitality's Mystic Springs. Suite was found to be dirty. Kitchen cupboards were covered with some sort of sticky black material. The kitchen cabinets above the sink appear to have been sprayed with pop or beer. After laying down a bath mat in the master bathroom and having a shower this bath mat was then picked up to dry out only to find cat or dog feces, that was on the floor, had now stuck to our bath mat. How can the suite be called clean with feces on the bathroom floor. There was no way that the bathroom was cleaned before our arrival.
There was only one robe in our suite upon arrival and when I asked for another robe it was never delivered. I had to walk back to the front desk ask again and then finally bring it back myself.
Dishwasher rack is missing it's wheels that run on the tracks. Without the wheels the dishwasher racks don’t move very well. Internet was spotty at best.
The bedroom with the two double beds appeared to have had someone lay on the bed as there was a large indent in the comforter (freaking gross). The comforter also had a larger portion of nasal discharge on it located near the foot of the bed (even worse). There is no way that the comforter was cleaned before our arrival.

Don't fall for their trap, we were offered 75% to stay and it was one of the worst experiences we have ever had. Ps. I sent these comments to Waymarker Hospitality's Sales and Marketing Manager on April 12 and have never heard back from them. Show just how much they really don't care.
I also informed the front desk agent of these issue only to get "I'm sorry" and a there isn't really anything I can do about it anyway look.
We will never consider returning to this place, it is just horrible and the management just doesn't care, no standards at all!

Room Tip: Ask for a money back guarantee and check to see if the room was even cleaned before handing over any...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott_783
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your response. I assure you that we do care about our guests and that is why we responded the first time you had complaints. This is also why we offered a second stay for your family. We are saddened to hear that your second stay was not to your liking. We would have moved you and rectified the situation during your stay but nothing was brought to our attention until now. We value our guests very much and always want them to enjoy their stays at Mystic. We are about customer service and the way we serve others.

Obviously we are not for you and we do understand. We do hope that in the future you will be able to come back to Canmore and find a property that you will have a great experience! As a new management company taking over a property, trying to renovate and better our chalets there will be some glitches but we are doing our upmost to ensure only the best for our future guests.

Thank you for giving us that second chance and we wish you and your family well!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

First time at Mystic Springs and it was a positive experience. We spent 4 nights with friends from out of province, 4 adults and 3 children. The chalet was spacious enough for the whole gang and everyone agreed that Mystic Springs was going to be on our list for our next visit. Kids enjoyed the pool, adults enjoyed the kids enjoying the pool. The chalet we stayed in had not yet been renovated but it was clean enough and had many amenities...but missing a toaster, no big deal. BBQ area has enough grills to accomodate everyone and it is well located. We did not expect House keeping services therefore we appreciated that the trash and recycling where taken cared of on a daily basis. Fresh towels where replaced on a few occasion and the staff at the front desk was very accomodating when we brought in the ones we wanted replaced.

Above all a very good value for the price, truth be told when it was time to split the bill with our friends and I told them the price, they actually thought it was for each couple when in fact it was for our entire group.

Thank you Mystic Springs for contributing to a Canadian Rockies experience our friends will never forget.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

First of all, let me begin by saying I have never once written a review (good or bad) on an property we have stayed at, and we travel several times a year, it was not until we stayed at Mystic Springs, that I felt compeled to write a review.

When we booked our stay throught the Lodging Company, we were assured all the rooms were immaculate, and were considered "five star". This could not have been further from the truth.

The moment we opened the front door, we new this was not the place for us........the smell was almost unbearable, it like wet dog and dirty sweat socks. The floors were disgusting, and looked like they had not been properly cleaned in a very long time. They were sticky, full of dust and debris....our white socks quickly turned black after only a few trips to the kitchen. The dishes in the cupboard we also disgusting, they were still dirty, and full of old dried on food, looked like they were rinsed and put back in the cupboard. The shower drain in the master bathroom looked like there was mold growing around it, so needless to say, we all showered in the other washroom. The carpets were dirty, and dusty, which contributed to the overall air quality in the suite, which would have been considered "POOR" at best. We pulled out the hide-away-bed, and to our surprize (or no suprize)....no sheet or mattress covering, however, we did find the extra linen, but, there was only one pillow, and one light blanket...still no bed sheet. The grounds were not well keept as there was dog poo in a few places, my wife and I almost step in. (Shame on the pet owners....you know who you are!!!)

The pool and hot tub area were average at best. The master bed was fairly comfortable, as were the two queen beds in the second bedroom. The free wi-fi for the kids was an added bonus.

Overall, we would not consider returning to this resort, it just was not up to any reasonable standards!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sharpeman
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

I am sorry to hear that your experience at Mystic Springs was not up to your standards. We are working hard to improve the housekeeping services and we are renovating all of the chalets to make them new and fresh.

Unfortunately we cannot always police guests or local people that walk by or on our resort property with pets but we do hope that the owners will do their due diligence. I will have our maintenance department do a sweep of the property.

We hope that during a guest's stay with us that they would report any issues to our Guests Services Desk so we can rectify them right away while you are still here. Unfortunately we were unaware of any problems you were experiencing during your stay as we would have solved them or moved your family to another chalet.

We are sorry to hear that you will not be returning to Mystic Springs but we do thank you for your comments and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. judy@waymarker.ca

I hope you are having a wonderful day and Happy Easter!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the ski chalet feel of these condos. We have 3 kids and they loved their room and the pool/hottub. Overall I really liked it here. However, we stayed 4 nights and they did not come in once to exchange towels, take out trash or replenish anything. I inquired the third am (since we didn't have any towels and there never seemed to be any at the pool) and she said someone would be in that day. We skied all day and came back at 4:30pm and no one had been in. Again I inquired while she gave me towels and toilet paper. They finally knocked on the door at 5:30pm while we were all showering....a little too late. Also, could never get a hold of the front desk and so people could not call us here.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank JulieGaa
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate all our guests have to say so that we can constantly be updating and improving our services. I am saddened to hear about your experiences with our housekeeping and front desk. We are taking this under advisement as we speak and will be improving this right away so thank you for pointing this out to us. I hope that when you come back you will see a difference and please ask for our "Valued Guest Rate"!! You can actually contact me personally at judy@waymarker.ca

Again thank you and we hope that we will see you again at Mystic Springs.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed here many times before and find that this time, the hotel must have gone through a severe management change. I still love the views, the pools, the silence in the condos, the kitchen and how convenient it is to find and book.

We did find that there were reminants of a serious updating of the paint etc when we found painters tape on the windows and no curtains on the main floor at all. I also noticed that the coffee pot was broken, the complimentary shampoo / soap offerings have fallen off track from the Aveda products they used to offer and no one came to clean our room the entire weekend.

Despite all this, the place was spotlessly clean, the staff were truly nice and friendly, the beds were as comfortable as I remember and the decorative touches were as luxurious as I remember them to be. I will still go back to this place for the rates that they offer and because I have generally always had a great experience. I'm going to say that this past weekend was not the norm. This is great place for kids and for families, they accept pets and summer times are very social on the patio at the bbq's.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and all rooms have the view of the mountians.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for your review. We are a new management company for Mystic Springs and we are under going some updates and renovations. I am sorry to hear that there were remains left from our painters in your chalet. I will let housekeeping know about the tape. We really appreciate your great comments and hope to see you again very soon. Please don't forget to ask about our "Valued Guest Rate" when you come back to visit. Again thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great value for Canmore for family to enjoy 'naturalized' lodge courtyard with heated pool, hot tub and social area. Pool area grungy, and suites spacious enough yet unkept (apparently undergoing renos to all suites (new carpeting, paint etc). Carpets filthy and kitchen not wiped since last guest (dishes in dishwasher and food in cupboards still). Missing many "listed" dishes etc. Layout inside doesn't allow master ensuite to typical resort standards for size or finish. Unit does however, allow very convenient access and a 'townhouse' like feel rather than being buried in your typical monstrosity of a condo bldg which is typical of most of the other newer resorts. Staff nice, efficient and effective resolving minor housekeeping issues. V. quiet stay, as "everyone out of the pool!" at 10pm sharp.

Room Tip: south side units with road parking access w/in 20feet of unit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank OurFamilyTravelsLots
managerscl, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear you had some housekeeping issues. As you pointed out we are vastly updating and renovating every suite so that it will have a fresh, new, cleaner feel to them. We should be completed our work by mid June or before!!

If you could contact me personally I would very much appreciate this!! judy@waymarker.ca

Thank you again for your comments as they are very much appreciated!