“Very good!”
Review of The Summit Cafe

The Summit Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Canmore
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Locally owned and operated. Serving breakfast and lunch daily. Free trade organic coffees and specialty drinks. Fresh baked goods and beautiful views
Edmonton
“Very good!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Hearty breakfast that doesn't feel like lead afterward, that's the mark of a good meal. I don't know if I was jaded after the horrible experience I had the previous day at the hotel. I'll certainly be coming back for breakfast in the future. Be warned though, this place gets busy, so arriving after 9 will mean a wait to order and for tables.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Raj B

Near Calgary, Alberta
“Not what we'd hoped it would be.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading other reviews (on this and other websites) we decided to give The Summit Cafe a try for breakfast one morning, while we were on a recent trip to Canmore, Alberta. The cafe is very small and extremely crowded...there is no room between the tables, so you will be constantly bumped into by people trying to squeeze into their seats at the next table...but it's obviously a popular spot, as it was packed full.
The breakfast portions were quite generous and I hear that the fair-trade coffee that they sell is quite good...though I wouldn't know as I had opted for tea with my meal. Unfortunately, I never got my tea, though we were billed for it. The line-up to get to the gal taking food orders was so long, and moving rather slowly, so I didn't bother to go and ask again for my tea...my breakfast would have been quite cold by the time I'd got through the line again.
I had ordered the Gringos (I believe that was the name?) breakfast: poached eggs on a toasted English Muffin with salsa, cheddar cheese and guacamole, served with a side of hash browns. Sadly I was quite disappointed with my meal. The poached eggs were obviously not drained, nor was the salsa, before putting them on the lightly toasted English Muffin, as said muffin was a complete soggy mess underneath everything. I managed to extract the poached eggs from the wet mess, and ate those along with the hashbrowns (which were quite nicely done). In concept, this dish sounded yummy, but in execution it was quite poor. My husband had the standard 2-egg, hashbrowns, bacon, toast breakfast and enjoyed it. They got his sunny-side up eggs spot on!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Caro_Dyck
Calgary, Canada
“Favorite Breakfast spot in Canmore”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff is super friendly and the food is amazing! Definitely a great spot to hit before going skiing or going for a hike! Their homemade granola bars are to die for too! Like the title says, it's our favorite and will be going back.

Visited April 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Such a great breakfast place! The service was great and the price was reasonable. The food was amazing. We had a the breakfast burrito and the juevos rancheros. Huge portions that were so tasty.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank toodleface
Calgary, Canada
“Good food amazing service!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped off to eat here on our way back from a weekend in lake Louise. We ordered and then stood around waiting for a table, which came up quite quickly considering how busy they were. Once we were seated 20 minutes had passed then 30 and I noticed that people after us had received their food. So I mention something to one of the employees and it turns out our order had fallen down! They were so apologetic!! They gave me a free London fog (which was the best London fog I've ever had!!) and returned our money. They also put tomatoes and avocados on my sandwich because i ordered it without the meat. The food was really good and the service was amazing!! Plus the place is packed with locals so it must be good :)

4 Thank janners07