“Great Treatments, lovely surroundings”
Review of Bodhi Tree Spa

Bodhi Tree Spa
Ranked #3 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Canmore
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I use this spa every time I travel to Canada. It's very attractive inside and offers a good selection of treatments. They always try and fit me in even if a book last minute and I really rate their treatments. Especially the bodhi body wrap.

2  Thank Julia S
All reviews
"hot pools"
in 6 reviews
"aveda products"
in 4 reviews
"hot tub and steam room"
in 3 reviews
in 12 reviews
"mani"
"lodge"

Reviewed 17 August 2013

First off, I had been to Canmore countless times before purchasing property here this Spring (who doesn't love it here!). Over the years I've been in search of the perfect massage therapist along with the perfect spa. They can go hand and hand, but that is not always the case. So, the great part of my review is that I have been twice here for a massage and both times were very good. The last time I was there I had James who is extremely well trained and really customized the massage for my needs. I would rate him a 10 out of 10. I would guess that I've had over 200 massages and James was spectacular.

However, I was extremely disappointed in the spa itself. First off it's beautiful so there is so much more that they could bring to the table! For an upper-end spa which I would consider this, they are doing nothing extra at all! When we arrived, we had to ask where the change room was. The front desk attendant took us to the ladies change room and then left. We started to change and then realized there were no locks on the lockers- nor was there towels, robes or flip flops. So...I stopped changing and went back to the desk and requested these items. My father had already gone into the men's change-room so I assumed that he would also need these items and brought them back with me to the ladies change-room. Prior to going out to the hot tubs I wanted a glass of water. In most spa's this would be available in the change room. It wasn't here. This is such a simple thing to do in order to present a pleasant atmosphere. I've been in countless spas who keep the changes-rooms stocked with towels, robes, water, etc. So, again, I had to go out and around to the front entrance to get a glass of water. They had 2 options to put my water in: 1) A small cone paper cup which I wouldn't be able to sit on the side of the hot tub, or 2) A small glass. I didn't really want to take glass outside to the tubs but I didn't really have a choice. I would think that they should have plastic cups available for safety purposes. The hot tubs were lovely and relaxing. Lastly after my Mom & Dad had their massages they went to the front sitting area, paid and then waited for me. While waiting my mother picked up a brochure they had on display. The brochure indicated that the massages they just paid for were $15.00 less. Therefore she went to the front desk attendant and said "I think there was a mistake in my bill as the brochure indicates different pricing." The response was "Oh- prices change, sorry". This is a terrible response when the brochures in your own waiting room indicate different pricing- if that's the case- remove them!!!!!

So, to finalize I would consider going back for James, but if I want more of a "spa experience", I will spend the extra money and go to the Banff Springs Willow Stream Spa. Again, it's unfortunate because all of these things could easily be implemented in the Spa. Maybe a different manger is needed or better staff training.

6  Thank kmlester
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Five of us went to the spa and had facials, body wraps and pedicures. Go early so you can enjoy the outdoor hot pools and the steam room before your treatments. The treatments were wonderful and the Aveda products are always nice. The only thing missing was a bowl of fruit in the seating area. There is tea and water though. After spending four hours at the spa we were starving and could have used a quick snack between/after treatments. We ended up going upstairs to the sushi restaurant and it was AMAZING.

3  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My first visit to this spa was a couple's experience with my husband. He had never had a spa experience before, and it was a surprise for him. Though he was leery about getting a facial, he was so pleased with it and he thoroughly enjoyed the massage.
I have been back several times to see James, and my husband and I are hoping to come back very soon!! We love the services, atmosphere and especially those hot pools!!
Love this place :)