“Good food + Fast service”

Spice Hut Indian Cuisine.
Ranked #24 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Spice Hut is a Authentic Indian Cuisine. Come Try The Taste Of India at Spice Hut.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We ate here last week with my super picky in-laws from India. While other reviews implied that the food is OK with slow service, we found both food and service to be very good (especially considering the remote location). Naan was good, as were the Chana Masala and Muttar Paneer. My son (3 years old) was happy with his stuffed vegetable Naan.

Highly recommended if you are craving Indian food when visiting Banff national park! Much better experience than the other Indian restaurant that is in Banff town.

1  Thank Amit S

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We got takeout. Really loved the food, even though I almost had to beg to make the meal spicy enough. The wait was too long, and the service even at the front counter took too long. We were told 10 minutes so decided to sit in the bar and wait. We got bored at about 20 minutes, and approached the front counter, where our food was. Seems like they should have just said your food is ready. Anyway, we took our food home and it was excellent.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food here was decent. Our group didn't have alot of experience with Indian food so we needed some help ordering. Unluckily, our waitress apparently didn't have much experience with it either either so was not a huge help. Thankfully what we did order was actually pretty good though, although she never came back to refill drinks or anything. With proper trained staff this would have been a 5-star review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The only reason I give 4 stars and not 5 is because they didn't answer the phone when I called, so I had to go down in person to order and that meant waiting around for our food. But it was worth the wait! Delicious Daal, and Fish Pakoora, my husband had the butter chicken and was equally impressed. This will be added to our list of places we always visit when we take our annual road trip through the mountains.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

As a huge Spice Hut fan of the Cranbrook, British Columbia location, I was shocked. The Butter Chicken was barely palitable. The service was slow and they never refilled oru drinks. I will never eat at this Spice Hut again.

2  Thank GolfinGeo