“You have to try this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elevation Place

Elevation Place
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: Elevation Place is Canmore's indoor playground, boasting a huge indoor climbing wall, aquatics centre with waterslide and hot tub, cardio/weight room, library and art gallery. A great place to spend some time indoor with the family playing on the climbing wall or in the pool, or come on your own for a workout or to push yourself on the climbing wall.
Red Deer, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“You have to try this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great climbing staff. Awesome routes for all levels of experience. Can't wait to go back! Admission includes the whole facility for the whole day, it's a bit over priced if you only climb. They should offer a climbing only rate.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ccmr4

• Korean first
Calgary
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best Community Centre/Rec Centre EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am in love with this place! I literally went there every day and sometimes 2ice a day while visiting Canmore. It has everything! I can't use enough exclamation marks really. All communities should model their rec centres/community centres after this place. As a visitor to Canmore I was able to sit in comfy chairs in a sunny warm area with spectacular wall of window views and use free internet. I saw an art exhibit, visited the library, had delicious Cafe Mistos at the Good Earth Cafe inside (and healthy soup and salad)… and watched mesmerized the climbing wall people. I even seriously considered using the actual pool and fitness centre one day, (just $15 for day pass for both) but rather opted for the great outdoors and my hotel's jacuzzi. :) A must see if visiting Canmore and a great family facility. Make sure to visit the 2nd floor and check out the pool observation area

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cmaryt
Cochrane, Canada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Such a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We drove here from Cochrane with our kids and it was totally worth the trip. The pool is big and clean and well laid out. For the 4 of us to swim was only 18 dollars. And with that is a great pool, a lazy river (that doesn't whip you around) and a self contained waterside. My kids LOVED the water slide and spent a LONG time on it.
We went on a Friday and it wasn't too busy, but I can see it getting quite crowded on the weekends. Also, there is a 25 person maximum in the hot tub and it is enforced.
Worth the drive from Cochrane to swim in the mountains!

Visited February 2014
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Elevation Place, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Elevation Place and we are glad you had a great time! It is nice to see people making the drive out from Cochrane to use the facility and enjoy the mountains.
New Providence Island
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent Rock Climbing Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family and I visited this facility on our last day in Canmore and its surrounds. We wanted our 6 year old in particular to give rock climbing a chance. We never thought for a minute - that we would meet such an outstanding facility with even more outstanding staff. The staff were really incredible and explaining the processes and making us feel welcomed. The facility was top notch and the safety demonstrations were thorough. Lots of locals frequent this place and they too were friendly and welcoming.

Elevation place is filled with lots of wonderful opportunities for indoor entertainment in Canmore. By the way - our 4 year old loved this experience too!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank RoamingGibsons
Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Get out of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My kids and I love to spend our weekends out of the city and Canmore is one of our favorite stops. Use to go to the old pool, but Elevation Place is much more fun for the kids with the lazy river and lots of floaties to play with. New and clean with a coffee counter and vending machines for après-swim. This was our third trip and we'll be back. Only complaint is that the main pool seems unusually cold which I assume is what someone swimming laps may like, but a real shock coming from the hot tub - more so than other pools it seems.

Visited January 2014