“community center”
Review of Elevation Place

Elevation Place
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: Elevation Place is Canmore's indoor playground, boasting a huge indoor climbing wall, aquatics centre with waterslide and hot tub, cardio/weight room, library and art gallery. A great place to spend some time indoor with the family playing on the climbing wall or in the pool, or come on your own for a workout or to push yourself on the climbing wall.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Best community center in North America. Get the daily family pass. Great deal. We took a belaying lesson so that we have been climbing all week. Swimming pool is wonderful and exercise room is great.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Elevation Place on a rainy long weekend and thought it might be busy, but we were wrong and pleasantly surprised!
We went as a family with our 5 yr old daughter and our intention was to use the aquatic facility. Elevation Place is a modern building containing the Canmore Public Library, a wall climbing facility, art gallery and coffee shop as as well as the pool area. The entrance fee was very reasonable and we purchased the family ticket for the pool, and it lets you stay as long as you wish. There are lots of ticket combinations, so check their website and find out what suits your situation.
I am always hesitant about public pools and changing areas because of cleanliness, but Elevation Place is very clean indeed. There are the usual men's and women's changing areas, but there is also a family change area too. This is great if you have small children, as both parents can help with changing. In each change booth - yes, they are private - there is a bench and a baby change table. The booths are plenty big enough for 2 parents and 2 children. If you had more children, it might be a bit of a squeeze. You change and place your belongings in the lockers that are $1 to get the key. Staff at reception are happy to change notes should you not have a coin.
Toilet facilities are available in the change area as are hot showers and you are requested to shower before entering the pool. The whole area is clean and I noticed a cleaner clearing away excess water and cleaning the change area while I was there.
The pool area itself contains a pool for doing lengths and split into lanes and split again for how fast a swimmer you are - from leisure swimmer right through to fast swimmer.
On the side is a recreational pool containing an area of 2 lanes for everyone to use, a lazy river with a slight current, an area for younger children with a 'beach edge' for them to walk into. There is a water slide for toddlers with an under water mat at the end of the slide - a nice touch I thought. You have access to the large water slide and kids need to be measured to see if they are tall enough to use it. My 5 yr old did and she loved it. I should point out that the large slide does not end in the pool, so there is no large splash or going under water.
The hot tub is very large and 25 people are allowed at a time. The water is exceptionally warm to hot and I noticed most people would stay in for a few minutes and then get out to sit on the side with just their legs in as for a break from the heat. But I consider the temperature good, as it's better than cold and not being able to stay in at all
I also noticed there is a steam room available, but we did not try this. Life Guards are present in all areas and they rotate constantly and I think this great as they don't get bored looking at the same spot and potentially miss things and they are very observant I noticed.
Overall, a good place for a swim and I thought it exceptionally clean and well thought out.

3  Thank Moonice1
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Spent the afternoon here and it was amazing.
Beautiful facility and great staff.
Coffee shop was pretty great too.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Visited here for an hour to go swimming. It's surprisingly affordable. Everything is clean and modern. We enjoyed the lazy river and water slide. We'll be sure to check out the full facility, including the climbing wall, next time!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I go to aqua size classes. Great coaching and good company. Great price too ca $45 monthly. Elevation place is specious and nice. Highly recommended.