“Perfect Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 31 Canmore B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Perfect Stay!”
Reviewed 23 September 2008

My husband and I stayed here in the honeymoon suite for a few days after our wedding. The inn is in a quiet area of Canmore with beautiful mountain views. Our room was just beautiful - humongous corner jetted tub, fireplace, 4 post bed, very nicely furnished and decorated, robes for us to use. Hot chocolate, coffee and tea in your room at all times. All of the staff were very friendly and the owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home.

The first morning we were there, they brought us breakfast in bed, which was delicous. Everyday, they also had a picnic lunch ready for us - sandwiches, chips, fruit, veggies, drinks, granola bars, pickles. It was a very nice touch. The next morning we ate breakfast in the dining room and it was very good too. They also have a cocktail hour, which was a nice idea too. You just go downstairs and they have a couple drinks to choose from and you socialize with the other guests.

Our stay was perfect in every way. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two nights - taking the "elopement" wedding package. Danielle (front of house) is simply excellent, couldn't do enough for us, although I don't think she was used to having such a chilled out bride and groom to be.
They organsised all the little details for us - hairdresser, bouquet etc etc, and none of it could be improved on.
Lonny was delightful too (and his scrumptious breakfasts) - a big kid at heart who couldn't wait to look inside our campervan, but very welcoming.
Room was lovely, not the biggest but pretty mich everything we needed. my one gripe if i were to have one is that I had to iron my wedding dress on the worlds smallest ironing board. admittedly I didn't ask if they had a bigger one available and I'm sure they would have found me one if I had.
Views were stunning - we had room 3 which has a dual aspect over two different mountain ranges.
Yes there was some road noise but nothing which kept me awake and i am a light sleeper, when we were on the balcony it was relatively quiet - we also heard a party going on at a house over the road (although it was over the road and another 300 meters further back so not noisy - the hotel is not overlooked at all from the front)
very close to a couple of restaurants and bars and very easy to find. all in all it was perfect for us, professionally run yet retaining a warm, homely, relaxed feel. keep up the great work!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — the room could have been slightly bigger (only for prancing round in my dress!!)
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 23 July 2008

First, let me say that for the most part my husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The Inn itself is beautiful (especially the grounds), breakfasts were amazing, cocktail hour was well attended, the staff & owners were really helpful and the suites were clean and well appointed (although a luggage rack would have been nice to have). Also, the lunch baskets contained more than enough food for 2 people and eating them riverside in Banff was a highlight.

Now for the glitch...the Inn is on a very busy/noisy road (in my opinon). We were visiting from a City and "getting away from it all" so we found the vehicle noise really annoying (because it's on a hill I think the noise is also pronounced from acceleration...especially the diesel trucks). We liked to sit outside on the balcony so we really noticed the noise. I dismissed one other review here making the same noise comment because nobody else commented on it...not sure how people could miss that. Granted there are so many positives that maybe for some they could overcome the noise and maybe some people don't like to spend time on the balcony and just keep all their windows shut. Also, there were loud parties going on at a house across from the Inn both nights we were there, but that's obviously no fault of the Inn. We closed the sliding door and turned on the airconditioning (a bit noisey as well and I would prefer an open window to airconditioning any day-especially in the cool mountain evenings). If it were not for this glitch I would have grabbed a handful of brochures on the way out and recommended this place to all of our friends. However, the road noise means we won't be going back I'm afraid.

• Liked — Food provided
  • Disliked — Road Noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2008

This is one of the best B&B style accommodations I've ever stayed in and I've been to many.

The hosts are incredible. Friendly, outgoing, excellent cooks.

The rooms are very tastefully decorated. Perfect for a romantic getaway.

The location in Canmore is away from the busy parts of Canmore. Evening walk taking in the Three Sisters as the sunsets is well worth doing.

• Liked — The Hosts and the food
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed May 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2008

My daughter was married here on Feb 10, 2008. My husband and I arrived on Feb. 7. We were met by "Mel" who is a wonderful hostess. She made us most welcome in a friendly and thoroughly professional manner. I always think that first impressions are so important, and Mel is worth her weight in gold for this ! We settled in to my choice, room 7. It is closest to the outdoor hot tub and is just a gem of a room. The whole lodge is decorated in an eclectic fashion . Some from world travels and some from just good buying sense and excellent taste ( thanks Fiona). Staff are very helpful. Hello to Danielle, and the two Carolyns. All was top-notch at this Inn. Lonnie's cooking was first -rate. I think I will adopt the whole bunch of these kids ! Would certainly go there again and I do recommend to all. Some day, I hope to go back!

• Liked — Jacuzzi, service, cleanliness, owner and staff, hot tub
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008
Vernon, BC
Reviewed 18 September 2007

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon nearly five years ago and had a fantastic time. When we arrived the owners had, had an emergency and were not able to greet us, they left us a selection of keys and allowed us to peruse the avaiable rooms and choose the one we liked best. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the duvee. Each morning we had the most delicious breakfast, which I would not say were unhealthy; I do remember one morning we had a wonderful mixture of yogurt, fruit and granola. Lonny reccomended many restaurants in town for dinner, which were great. Our only complaint is that we haven't been able to go back because they are so busy now!

• Stayed February 2003, travelled as a couple
Doncaster England
Reviewed 11 September 2007

My wife and I arrived at this excellent Inn on 25th August for a 4 night stay on our two week vacation to Canada from Doncaster in Yorkshire England to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Although we arrived 3 hours prior to normal booking in time we were advised by Danielle that the room was ready and given the keys. We were then able to unpack and have a root round Canmore at a reasonable hour. What a great little town and away from the commercial town of Banff with all the facilities one needs.
After a nights sleep we were treated to a magnificent breakfast which was repeated on each of the four days.
Information from Lonny was greatly appreciated to make our daily trips out even more exciting. Another 4 days would be needed as although the trips were great one needs to do them in reverse as the views would have been as good. A day to visit and walk on a glacier was great even although it was a bit of a drive. Lake Louise which is becoming spoilt by commercialism in my view, but Lake Minaire , Lake Minniwanka make up for the beauty in this area.
I read that in an earlier review the packed lunches contained the same contents each day, well we found them of a great quality and standard and saved us from having to look around for a snack and we were able to eat them out in the wilds away from civilisation. (The picnic areas along the rivers do not have the burger van waiting).
All in all this was a delightful start to our two week vacation and I would recommend this accomodation to anyone who asks.
The only downside is that although Lonny can work wonders he let us down with the weather early on, even although we are used to rain in the UK. This is reflected in our photographs as the three sisters were taken in all types of weather and still looked majestic whether covered partially in cloud or red from the sunrise or even seen in all there glory.
We paid $295 per night with a negotiatged discount for a 4 night stay as it was for a special occasion and we both thought it money well spent.
Dave (58) and Sue (a little bit younger (but not much)) Chapman
Doncaster England.

• Liked — All of it.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple