“Beautiful place to stay”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Yes, the view from our balcony was gorgeous. You could clearly see the majestic snow-capped peaks, that is, when it wasn't raining and cloud cover obscured everything. Unfortunately, we drew the short card where the weather was concerned, and we were more or less cooped up in our room(s) for half the trip. It was the first vacation in memory where we spent most of the time in the hotel room.

On to the review. Canadian television is adequate. Watched mostly CNN and the local weather. The front desk had a DVD library as well. We read a lot - my wife sat on the couch in the living room and read by the only good reading light. I sat on the balcony in 40ish degree temperature and caught a cold.

This was pretty much condo living. The kitchen was well equipped and each condo had a washer-dryer. Each unit had a gas BBQ on the balcony, which is a big plus. Unfortunately, there wasn't much common area downstairs. Front desk was attentive and staffed 24 hours, but there was no lobby and no place to hang out other than the condo. There were two outdoor hot tubs that got a lot of use once the weather cleared. One of the hot tubs was outside our room and we could hear the tubbers until curfew, about 11:00, each night. Late night noise could be a problem, if you're bothered by that.

There is a decent Vietnamese restaurant on the premises, open five days 11 am to 10 pm. We ate there once, and it was very good food. They have a bar/lounge also, but I was the only person in the lounge during those times I took a break from the balcony to socialize with myself and the very cool waitress/bartender. With no Vietnamese clientele in town, this will be a tough business to sell. I think the lodge would be better served by a more standard restaurant, open seven days, serving breakfast. There really are no other eating/drinking choices within walking distance when the weather is so bad. However, the town of Canmore has a lot of interesting bars and restaurants.

Housekeeping service was somewhat disappointing. Our standard routine was to get out in the morning - around 9 am, and spend as much time exploring and enjoying the beautiful Canadian Rockies and Banff National Park as the weather permitted, then return back to the room wet and shivering around 2:00, only to find that housekeeping hadn't been there, and their shift ended at 4:00. So I had to call the front desk to make sure our room was serviced. Maybe we were just scheduled to be the last room cleaned - it just didn't fit into our lifestyle very well.

I would recommend this place to older couples, groups of travellers, and families. It didn't really hit the sweet spot for me and my middle-aged wife.

Room Tip: I would request a room with a western exposure to get the maximum sun benefit on the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2011

we stayed at Falcon Crest Lodge for a week and loved it. The Falcon Crest is well situated.
The one bedroom suite is well decorated, enjoyed the balcony, made good use of the full kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpfull. Would stay here again.
:-)
l.turcotte
Gatineau, Québec

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

from the minute we walked in the door and were greeted by a very friendly, warm person I knew the hotel would live up to it's promise. We were all in Canmore for a family wedding, and the Falcon Crest Lodge was the hotel recommended by the bride as the place of choice for most of us. The suites ( we stayed in the 2 bedroom) were perfect, I could have moved in and stayed. All of the amenities were there, love the idea of a fully stocked kitchen, ironing board, laundry etc right in the room. Some of the family members stayed in 1 bedroom suites, and they too were great. Our room overlooked the neighbouring hotel, and the Three Sisters Mountains. Some of the rooms were right over the street, I was glad we were facing south. Watching the sun peek over the moutains on the balcony with a coffee was a nice way to start the day. There are two chairs and a small table on each balcony to sit and enjoy the stunning mountain views. We could not hear any sounds from the hallway, which is important to me. It is nice to eat breakfast off proper plates and enjoy a glass of wine in a proper glass, corkscrews handy, nice solid cutlery, and the ability to sit down and eat a meal at a proper table...... I really like the idea of the suite for a vacation!. Each balcony has a barbeque, which is great. We did not get a chance to use it, but I could smell other guests barbequing their supper. What a great idea! This definitely would not be allowed in Ontario, so I think the BBQ's are a terrific idea!
I was travelling with my dad, and he enjoyed the luxury of the place. First chance I get, I will bring my husband to Canmore and will definitely stay at the Falcon Crest. The suite we had was a king size master suite and then a bedroom with two single beds, but there are some that have a double bed in the 2nd room. The master ensuite was very nice, my dad loved it. all of the soaps, shampoos & bathroom treats were of a good quality, again something that is important to me. We did not get much time to enjoy all of the amenities of the hotel as it was a short & hectic weekend, but will definitely recommend the place to any one and everyone going to Canmore. The hotel is located just at the edge of the town, with walking/ bike trails right at the front door. Because it is just at the edge of the town, it is not as noisy out on the balcony as some of the more central places could be. The town itself is about a 5 minute walk away, so the hotel is in a perfect spot, easy to find off the Highway (exit 91), and easy walking distance to all that Canmore has to offer. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: ask for a south facing room, they are quieter, with a nicer view of the mountains
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel blew all of my expectation out of the water. The room was very clean and modern. The location was easy to find. The front desk staff were very helpful.

The only negative for me was a personal preference, I would have preferred a softer bed.

Canmore overall was great.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

My wife & I spent a weekend in the mountains & stayed at the Falcon Crest. We had a King Suite, and the room was perfect. King size bed, gas fireplace, and a BBQ on the balcony with a couple of chairs. The room also had a full size kitchen with a full dining area. The Falcon Crest is also on the east edge of town, so it has easy access to and from the highway. I have stayed in other places in Canmore & the noise from the trains was bothersome, but not here. Also, it is just a short 15 minute commute to Banff, which makes it just as nice as staying in Banff, but less expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We had a delightful stay. It was just like home only better. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet. The rooms have forced air for heating / cooling which is much quieter than traditional window / wall units.

Room Tip: We stayed in a top floor suite that sleeps 6
1  Thank Don M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Lodge had easy access from Trans Canada Highway, and was also close to town and all amenities required. Underground parking was a great feature as it rained each evening we were there. Room was a one bedroom suite with everything it advertised. Big bathroom with shower and soaker tub, kitchen was clean with new appliances.