“Great Value”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We recently stayed at the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were fabulous we had an adjoining suite and deluxe room which gave us use of the full kitchen and separate space for the kids! Very convienient for sightseeing and hiking around Canmore and Banff. Complimentary movies for the kids was a great plus. We also enjoyed the restaraunt. Would definately stay again :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was planning a 70th birthday get together for my father in law and we stayed at the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore. I booked us in a two bedroom suite and it was amazing. Right from the moment we checked in the lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and efficient. My standards for cleanliness are extremely high, and the hotel exceeded every expectations. About 15 mins after we arrived in our room, the front desk agent called to make sure everything was up to our standards and to see if we needed anything; I thought this was a nice touch. I really appreciate the fact that the hotel does not charge for underground parking (so many other hotels do and it’s frustrating paying additional fees) . The hotel is in an extremely beautiful setting and the view was amazing. Don’t take my word for it, but treat yourself to a weekend at the Falcon Crest. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Falconcrest Lodge in Canmore. The one bedroom suite was spacious, clean, and had everything I needed to make my stay in Canmore memorable. The staff were very helpful and refreshingly genuine. The Manager took the time to personally ask if our stay met the high standards he set for our comfort. Call me impressed. I loved this hotel. It was conveniently located, economical, and the underground parking was an extra bonus.

Room Tip: The one and two bedroom suites are totally worth it. I love the fireplaces and balconies looking ou...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Had a great time staying at the Falcon Crest in Canmore. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean, comfortable, with a kitchen that had everything we needed for cooking. What a great feeling relaxing in the hot tub and looking at the mountains. I was reluctant in trying the Vietnamese restaurant, but the food was delicious. Would go back to the Falcon Crest again for sure.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was our third time staying at the Falcon Crest. This time we decided to book a one bedroon suite. Again, it was a wonderful stay. When we booked, we were asked why we keep coming back and my first answer was, "Because of the service". Every time, we have have the best experiences right from making the reservation until leaving the hotel!. We chose not to have our room serviced, but everyone of the housekeepers we encountered as we passed them in the hall greeted us pleasantly and with smiles. Even the maintenance man enthusiastically had something to show us as we were leaving the hotel. It felt like home, away from home.

We decided, this time that we would have dinner one of our nights at the restaurant that is in the hotel, The Indochine. We had been looking at their menu and were greeted by a lady who works/runs the restaurant and she asked us if we were going to come in. We told her we would probably be back the next day. She remembered us and made us feel welcome there. The food that we ordered was just OK, nothing really special for us and we felt it was fairly expensive for what we got. There was not enough rice and the waitress told us she would be happy to bring us more if we needed it. We had assumed that there would be no charge for this and were surprised to have $3 added on to our bill for what was less than a cup of rice. It was not a bad meal but we would go somewhere else next time.

There is a barbeque on each balcony so we barbequed three of our nights there and had lovely meals at our dining room table and with the fireplace lit. The kitchen was great with everything basic that we needed. There was a dishwasher, full fridge, microwave, and stove.
There was a washer/dryer in a cupboard in the bathroom.

We loved everything about our suite.

If we could have a wish list it would ask for a couple of better lights in the living room for reading. There were lots of lights but we found them not bright enough for reading. I would also like to have lotion as part of the amenities. There was shampoo and cream rinse but no lotion. I did go to the front desk and ask if they had some; which they did and were happy to give it to me. I felt that it should have been with the shampoo and conditioner.

We enjoyed using the outdoor jacuzzi every night after supper and had taken our heavy terry cloth robes for getting us from our room to the jacuzzi. In our packing up to go home, we accidentally left the robes behind. When I contacted the hotel to ask if they had found our robes, they helped us out by making arrangements to have them sent by UPS to us. We were very grateful to them for helping us out with that. This was at our cost, of course, but they were most helpful as was the Canmore UPS lady.

We enjoyed our whole experience in Canmore. We never did make it to Banff as we did several walks all around Canmore. Also found the Ammonite Factory very interesting.

We are planning on going back again next year as we found it a very pleasant stay, loved the scenery, and it was a very reasonable little holiday for us.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband and I come to Canmore every year for a romantic getaway for our anniversary. We arrived and everything seemed to be ok until we checked into our room that was still DIRTY!!! We made our way back to the front desk where the lady argued with us insisting the room had already been cleaned! Dirty towels, unmade bed and dishes in the sink! Then she had someone go check to see if it was true. We finally settled into another room which was scorching hot!! We thought the room would cool down, we adjusted the temp and headed out for dinner. We came back and it was like the room was on fire. We made SEVERAL complaints to the front desk and all they told as was there was nothing they could do!!! My husband and I were up all night sweating to death, counting the hours till we could check out of this hotel! When we did check out we rode the elevator with a maintenance guy who informed us that the building was having problems regulating the temperature, GREAT! We also heard many of the housekeepers complaining that morning of how hot it was! This was the WORST experience we have ever had in Canmore and it was a huge disappointment for our anniversary. And worst of all no one at the Falcon Crest seemed to care or make an attempt to do anything to help us!!!

4  Thank Jessica C
FCLManager, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. In investigating your comments, I am unable to find any record of these concerns in our daily reports. I am concerned to see comments that indicate Falcon Crest Lodge has not followed the high standards set up by our company for guest satisfaction. Please contact me personally as I would like to do everything I can to resolve this situation for you.

Warm regards,

Cory Haggar
1-866-609-3222 or 403-678-6150

Reviewed 13 November 2011

The room was very comfortable, clean and fully loaded with everything we needed! The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and the two hot tubs were a great way to relax. The staff was very friendly and helpfully. There was underground parking for both our cars. There is also a good Vietnamese restaurant on the main floor of the hotel. I'm definitely staying there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends