“Pleasant Evening!”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I were taking a weekend away and stayed at Falcon Crest. We had a great stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given good tips upon arriving and checking out. The beds were more comfortable then most hotel beds and the bed linens were crisp and clean. The room itself was quite clean, but could have used a better vacuuming as we came across some kids tiny plastic toys. It was quiet were and in a great location. Although we did not use the hot tub/pool it looked nice. I liked that it had kitchen facilities too. I will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberleycal

Reviewed 23 April 2012

After reading the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, my wife and I decided to choose this hotel for our 2 day 3 night stay in the course of a long road trip. We booked an entry level "deluxe room" (there are no standard rooms) which comprised a small kitchenette, 2 double (not queen) beds, an old style TV (not flat screen), a small balcony with a barbecue and a bathroom.

On reading the guest guide, we found an inventory of kitchen items and, on checking, discovered that a number of items (can opener, cutting board and later a kitchen knife) were missing. These were reported and promptly replaced (we didn't bother about the knife) with the comment that "these items move around the hotel a bit".

On day 2, we returned to the room about 8pm to find that, whilst the towels had been changed, the beds had not been made. We told reception but also said that, given the late hour, not to bother about the beds (we're not sure there would have been anyone around to do it!). We then found that the tea towel and dishcloth had been removed and not replaced. We are not sure if the room at been cleaned but we guess not.

On checking out, we spent some time completing the guest comment form from the room outlining our experience and giving our contacts and we left this at reception. Since then we have had zero response. However, we have received a standard email from Cory Haggar, the General Manager, inviting us to post our comments on TripAdvisor "as part of our efforts to provide our guests with the best possible experience". Cory also says that he welcomes our comments and suggestions and invites us to "contact him personally with any feedback that will contribute to the comfort and satisfaction of our guests". Well, our advice to Cory here is that, if Reception receives a Guest Feedback Form such as we provided, he should contact us and promptly. If this form was not passed to him, then there is a system problem.

We travel a reasonable amount and we have found that a lot of hotels don't understand that the small things are so important because these are what the guests remember. Guests don't remember the view, the iced water at reception or the heated outdoor tub if they don't use it. But they do remember the little negatives. It is very very important that the hotel systems (by extension management) ensure these don't arise in the first place. Management can't rely on guests to do its job!!

Ok: PROS: Excellent reception staff, great mountain views (but not from our particular ground floor room), clean, people using outdoor hot tubs clearly enjoyed the experience, good free WIFI.
CONS: Systems (by extension management) need improvement, TV needs replacement (flat screens are cheap), breakfast options are the kitchenette or head downtown, noise from passing trains on the southern side (didn't bother us much), untidy guest laundry - full bin etc (this may have been a timing issue).

In the course of our Vegas-Jasper-Seattle roadtrip, we have stayed at quite a number of budget chain hotels and our general experience is that these provide good value for money and everything seems to work. We have also stayed at Wynns in Vegas and, whilst it is a fantastic 5 star hotel, it also has some deficiencies in the "small things" area.

Maybe we're just getting old and grumpy!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony S
FCLManager, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your Falcon Crest Lodge experience.

We are also so glad that you filled out a comment card and thank you for your patience. We do our best to respond to all guests within 3 business days; however, I will be happy to follow up on your concerns by contacting you immediately.

We do take the time to review all guest comments and greatly value your feedback. I am glad that our front desk staff was quick to respond and replenish the items in your suite, and I look forward to speaking you to ensure 100% satsifaction.

A few notes and tips for travellers:

-Falcon Crest Lodge guests will be happy to know that we are upgrading to flatscreen televisions in all guest suites, coming this summer 2012!

-For guests looking for extra space, our One Bedroom Suites with private bedroom, full kitchen, and ensuite washer/dryer, are twice the size of our Deluxe Suites--an excellent value, especially compared to our Deluxe room, which is more of a hotel-style unit.

-We are happy to make note of guest requests such as a higher floor. We also have a premium mountainview enhancement option for our Deluxe, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom Suites

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Very tidy and clean. In room fire place. BBQ on balcony. Gym and spa. Kitchenet. Free in house DVD rental. Over all a very nice place which is a cut above any normal hotel.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We were thrilled with the Falcon Crest Lodge! I've never experienced such great customer service at a hotel before! The staff was phenomenal! The room was beautiful! We had such a great weekend!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I just stayed for a weekend at this hotel and I must say I was very impressed. The reception girls were always very friendly, helpfull with not only hotel things but with directions and recomendations. The place was very clean and the room was amazing. a mini apartment with a great kitchen, big bathroom with washer/dryer as well and even a BBQ on the balcony. 2 hot tubs that I will add one is too close to the parking lot but both very nice. A small excercise room with a great view. We did have a little issue getting our room cleaned but as soon as we mentioned it to recpetion they sent someone to take care of it.

Obviously I would really recommend this place to anyone although the price is a bit on the high side but do get top quality. I stayed here using a groupon so my price was very good but if I can I will stay here again for sure

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very good. Laundry, bbq, and fully stocked kitchen were great to have. Beds were comfortable and fireplace was nice for warming up by. Quiet and great view of the mountains along with secure underground parking made for a perfect snowboarding get away, definitely will consider staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the fourth floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank harvey7519
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Falcon Crest Lodge for a two-nights stay.

I had a warm welcome from the front desk starting at check-in and completed by a phone call to my room to make sure everything was fine and perfect with it.

It is my first time ever in the Rockies and I am happy I choose FCL. I had a great meal at the Indochine restaurant on my arrival day. I took a dip in the two hottubs of the hotel, I had extra pillows in my room to complete the already cosy and confortable bed and was also given a pitcher of orange water ! What a nice attention !

I will certainly come back again, since I did not have time to do everything I wanted !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo