Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hampshire Inn(Canmore)
1,492 results
All reviewsone bedroom suitefull kitchenunderground parkingfree popcornhot tubmountain viewwasher and dryerboard gamesgas bbqcar washpark passhome away from homelarge bathroomfront desk staffcanadian rockiesthree sistersgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Date: January 31st, 2009

I read all the reviews on here about this hotel so decided to give it a try. I have to agree with the previous replies here the building is beautiful and the rooms are quite nice inside, as well the front desk staff was very friendly.

Why this room is getting only a 1 star rating from me is my wife and I barely slept all night because it was like an inferno in the room all night. It was -1C temperature outside for the high during the day and we never once turned the heat on after checking in and yet it was just boiling in the room.

We called the front desk during the night as it was hard to breathe in there it was so hot but we didn't want to leave the balcony door open all night as the screen door lock was broken. Two members of the hotel staff came up to the room and acknowledged the heat problem and said "it's a common complaint we get". They were helpful in finding something for us to block the patio door open to let some air in while we sleep. But this was hardly ideal to sleep in.

My wife and I slept about 2 hours all night. We cancelled our plans for what we were going to do in the mountains the next day and went home early. Having some health conditions as it is I was quite sick all of the next day from getting little rest.

I asked the front desk staff if there could be a reduction on the bill considering we didn't have a good rest and it was a hotel issue that caused it, something their own staff acknowledged. They told me to contact the manager the next day which I did. While he was polite on the phone he said he went to the room and it was fine. I was offered a room upgrade next time I stayed and I declined as I told him with how bad the stay was and the physical cost I paid for it the next day I would not be returning and chancing going through that again. I was told that was all that could be offered and that there would be no reduction of the bill as there is no heat problem. Very dissapointing when the hotel's night staff made it very clear to us that heat problems are a common complaint there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank MapInHand
hospitalityexecutive, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2009

The Falcon Crest Lodge features a centralized heating and air conditioning system that provides warm or cool air to each suite, according to the individualized setting. Upon each guest's departure, staff set the thermostat to 18 c to ensure a comfortable temperature for the next guest's arrival. Due to the large centralized system, changes to the thermostat setting can take up to 20 minutes to realize in the guest’s room. In the event that the suite became too warm due to a high heat setting on the thermostat, it would take some time for the HVAC system to adjust to the new setting and for the room to cool down. Note: Air Conditioning systems will not operate below 5 c, and on this particular night the outside temp was -1 c. The Engineering department diagnosed the heating & cooling system in the room upon learning of the problem the following day & found the system to be working perfectly. If there was a mechanical problem with the room’s heating, and we could not find a mutually acceptable solution at the time of the problem, a complimentary stay or refund would have been offered. Our goal is to always ensure our guests experience unparalleled service, cleanliness and luxurious accommodations while staying at the Falcon Crest Lodge.

Reviewed 7 January 2009

We stayed at the Falcon Crest from December 20th to 30th. We were initially a little worried when we got to the front desk and the clerk expressed surprise that anyone would stay there that long! I suddenly had visions of some nasty cheap motel, but was lucky enough to be able to breathe huge sigh of relief when we opened the door to our one bedroom suite. The pictures here don't do it justice, as the lighting is much warmer in reality. It's quite roomy, with good storage space and a fantastic bathroom with a good-sized tub and huge shower and nice little touches, such as carefully-presented towels and toiletries.

I chose the Falcon Crest because it was important for me to be able to cook and bake during the Christmas holidays: to really make this place 'ours' for the festive period. This property didn't disappoint. The oven easily held a 10lb turkey and a 7lb ham, as well as all the trimmings - a real kitchen, not a too-small unit passing itself off as one. We were allowed to put up a full Christmas tree as well, which was another bonus.

We were lucky enough to have a mountain view, which I pushed for in my initial reservation and again when I confirmed a week before our arrival. To be honest, the view is what made it for us.. and I can understand why people who have stayed in rooms without views would feel short-changed, particularly in the cold winter months when only die-hard winter sports enthusiasts are likely to want to be outdoors all day.

The Falcon Crest lived up to all my romantic notions of a 'home in the rockies' for the holidays and, despite what the clerk said, when it was time to go we felt we could have spent even longer there.

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank winterqueen78
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Loved the falconcrest lodge - it was extremely clean. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which had a clean tidy kitchen with good appliances. The walk in shower was huge. Comfortable living room area and bedroom. We did not have a view of the mountains - just building work but we stayed over the holidays and therefore there was no work or noise though I imagine on regular weeks/weekends, this may be a problem. Gym and hottub areas well kept and tidy. Heated underground parking is a bonus especially if you are planning to go to the mountains for skiing etc. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 December 2008

My husband and thought we needed to get away for a couple days so spend some quality time with eachother and unwind from our busy lives. As soon as we arrived we knew we had picked the right place. The lady at reservatrons desk was disarmingly happy, helpful, knowledgable and she really went out of her way to ensure our happiness. We styaed in a one bedroom suite. It was amazing. The large, fully stocked kitchen was prefect for staying in and making our own meals. The countertops were a beautiful granite as well as the coutertops in the oversized bathroom which also had a seperate tub and a large shower. We had a nice view of the mountains and the outdoor hot tubs were so relaxing and clean. Our suite was spotless and I must also comment on how confortable the beds are. Overall our stay was even better then we could have imagined and we would recconmend the resort to eveyone. Thank you to the staff at Falconcrest Lodge, your smiling helpful faces made our stay even more enjoyable. We planb on coming back every few months frokm now on!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 November 2008

August 2008 was our second time staying there (first was Oct. 05). There is nothing better than being on the balcony after dark with a glass of wine and hearing the coyotes calling to each other in the distance. The far distant sound of freight trains was soothing as well (though infrequent). Making our own meals added to the relaxation - no rushing out of the suite to find breakfast if you slept late.
My only complaint is the pine tree that blocked our view of the middle Sister. Offending trees shouldn't get in the way of mountain views! (kidding of course).
We'll be back to Canmore just as soon as we can!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple