“Comfortable and friendly”
Review of Stella Alpina B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canmore
Stella Alpina B&B
Ranked #9 of 32 Canmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Carmello and Anneke were very welcoming at their beautifully situated B and B, with unobtrusive suggestions as to where to eat and what to do in the area. A scrumptious breakfast with lots of variety including an omelet made with handpicked wild mushrooms that was very flavorful. Good value, certainly, and views rivaling nearby Banff.

Room Tip: Located in one the back roads of Canmore. Use GPS.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2013

On August 14, 2013 my partner, her daughter and I lucked out to be able to enjoy one wonderful night at Stella Alpina. This began our 19-day trip through the Canadian Rockies and B.C. And it was by far the nicest accommodation (not far behind, fyi, was the Blue Sage B&B in Ashcroft, BC, lagging only because Stella Alpina has such fantastic scenery). This was such a pleasant surprise. Photos of the B&B can't do justice to just how lovely a place this is. From the splendid mountains looming nearby to the incredible, beautiful interior and woodwork, to Anneke's lovely handicrafts, to the superior guest bedroom, to the pleasant garden and deck, to the scrumptious, generous breakfast and, most of all, to Carmelo and Anneke's genuine, warm hospitality...for all such reasons I rank this the very best of some 60+ B&B's I've ever enjoyed. If you are in Canmore, don't miss this one! And we will be back as long as Stella Alpina remains, at least under Carmelo and Anneke's loving care.

Room Tip: There is only the one principal guest room, though there is another room in the basement which would...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was in Canmore for my nephew's wedding and there is not enough I can say about this B&B. My brother on the other hand, stayed at another B&B and he was not so lucky.

From the warm welcome by the hosts (even though I arrived very late in the evening), to the very clean rooms, to comfortable beds, to the most delicious breakfasts, this B&B far surpassed my expectations. It is very evident that this is more than just a business for Carmelo and Anneke. They clearly enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yomel
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent six nights at Stella Alpina in August, 2013, and can only add to the chorus of reviews that praise Carmelo, Anneke, and their terrific B&B. Our room was large and most comfortable and the breakfasts excellent (especially Carmelo's wild mushroom omelets). Our hosts had warm personalities and certainly went the extra distance to make guests feel welcome.
We can only say "Bravo!".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TriviaLover
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Well where to start? If you love fantastic food, company, the best accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing place to stay, this is for you.

The lovely, lovely, lovely hosts, Carmelo & Anneke could not have improved our stay. The delicious food, the extra special effort to provide the best breakfast EVER- the value of the accommodation and comfort level was far above what we have experienced elsewhere on our travels.

We would love to return one day to this place and can't rank it highly enough. The location doesnt get better, it is the cleanest most sparkling place. Carmelo and Anneke are very special .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our hosts were exceptional, the breakfast consisted of the best omelets we had on the trip, the rooms and bed was very clean and comfortable and the access to Banff Park was very convenient. We stayed 3 nights at this location and sincerely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed with Carmelo and Anneke a few days ago and had a wonderful experience. Their home is spacious, homely, and welcoming. I stayed in the Flower room which was large, with a nice bathroom, and very comfortable bed. The breakfast was fantastic as others have noted. Carmelo makes a wonderful omelette with wild mushrooms and edible flowers on the side. Fresh baked breads and fruits were laid out with ample coffee and tea on hand. You basically leave the home in the morning with a wonderfully full stomach. The location is perfect as well -- it's a 2 min walk from the main street in Canmore (restaurants and shops) and is right beside very nice walking paths that lead to a beautiful river (great for a stroll in the evening).

The best part however are Anneke and Carmelo. Carmelo unexpectedly greeted me in the driveway as I pulled up with a big smile on his face. They are both extremely warm and welcoming and did whatever they could to make my stay pleasant. Carmelo was very helpful in planning my excursions, suggesting biking and hiking routes, giving me maps that he marked up, and letting me borrow his parks pass. I showed up in Canmore with just a rough idea of what I wanted to do and Carmelo helped me to solidify my plans.

If I return to the Rockies I will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Flower room, which is slightly below ground, but was spacious, with a good sized bat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo