“Don't miss this one!”

Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for full evening of fun and laughter suitable for the entire family. Delight in celebrating Canada with a 4 course dinner and 2 hour live musical show. Offering free children, complimentary transport from Banff and senior discounts, Canmore's only evening attraction is not to be missed. Let us entertain you!
Farmington, Utah
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

These performers work extremely hard to both serve your food and perform (song and dance). Food is good, generous proportions and the entertainment isn't Broadway, but enthusiastic and well done. Glad we added this one to our trip

Visited August 2014
PamWarburton, General Manager at Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the show.

I agree, our performers do work exceptionally hard at serving and entertaining you from the moment you enter the theatre.

I am pleased your enjoyed your experience with us.

Seattle
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“I've heard it's terrific - but don't count on seeing it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had hoped to be able to come to TripAdvisor and write a rave review about the dinner and show. Unfortunately, I never got to experience either one.

After booking and confirming a ticket on June 10 for the July 24 show, i received a phone call on July 16 (the day before I left home for the start of a 17-day trip around Alberta) and was told that the show was canceled because not enough tickets were sold. I was offered a chance to rebook, and while at first it didn't seem as if it would work out, I was able to switch a couple things around and rebook for July 22.

On that day, because of some forest fires along the way between Jasper and Banff, my bus to Banff was rescheduled, and wouldn't arrive until after the rental car office closed (that was going to be how I got out to Canmore). I knew the theatre offered a shuttle from Banff out to Canmore, so I called that morning to reserve a seat on it. Nope -- not enough tickets were sold, so the show was still on for that night, but the bus was canceled.

At that point, I had no other option but to cancel my ticket.

To their credit, they did call me well in advance of the initial cancellation, they did offer me a chance to rebook with no hassles, and, when I ultimately had to cancel, they did refund my credit card promptly with no hassles, all of which were appreciated.

But nowhere on their Website could I find anything about a certain number of tickets needing to be sold, or the show (or transportation) will be canceled -- and I went back to check again and make sure I didn't overlook something.

I'm quite sure I wasn't the only person who got that disappointing phone call advising of the cancellation -- and I'm just as certain that most of those other folks were just like me: out-of-town visitors who had planned an evening around this dinner show.

Note to theatre management: We are real, live, breathing (and paying) customers. We are not just numbers. If there are nights during the week when it doesn't make economic sense to run the show, then fine -- don't run it on those nights. But if you say you're running the show, and people (no matter how many or how few) have purchased tickets, then I would think the show must go on.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank muskrat88
Hello

I am disappointed you felt you had to write a negative review on Trip Advisor rather than contacting myself regarding your dealings with us.

Without further details I cannot comment on your individual experience, but I can explain our policies.

We do not run the show with less than 50 guests (as a general rule) not because of our break even point or any other economic reason. We feel that with less than 50 people in the audience our guests do not receive the full dinner show experience. We want to create an atmosphere and ambience in the theatre and with less guests this is much more difficult and therefore we feel that we would not offer you the full package. In these instances we contact guests and advise them of the situation and give them the opportunity to move to a different day or to cancel and receive a full refund (which you did receive).

We do not take cancelling our shows lightly and it is something that we only do if we cannot meet our magic number after trying various methods to attract more customers.

We won an ALTO award in 2013 for Customer Service Excellence. These awards are given to Alberta tourist companies who consistently go the 'extra mile in customer service' with their guests. We proved that we continuously offer outstanding customer service to our guests at all times throughout their experience with us. Therefore I would like you to understand that at no point do we treat our guests as numbers and I am hurt that you feel that is all we do. We understand how important our guests are to our business and I feel we treat them very well.

To show our understanding of your situation, I would like to offer you complimentary tickets to the show should you be in the area again. Please contact me to arrange this.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the Rockies.
calgary, ab
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Canadian Musical Experience. I come back each year!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just a wonderful experience especially if you are new to the Rockies. It's a touch of Canadian History summarized in a musical event with food. Make sure to call prior so you can get good seats as it can be full due to lots of tourists especially in the summer season. Otherwise, waiters go around and singing and making sure you are a part of an evening of music, food, fun and entertainment.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Honestkitten8
PamWarburton, General Manager at Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello and thank you for your great review about our show.

I am very happy you enjoyed your evening with us.

We do get quite busy over our summer season, but the theatre can host up to 220 guests per evening comfortably so we try to not turn guests away.
Hamilton, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“funny and educational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I saw the show on our honeymoon. It was very funny and entertaining. Also, since neither of us are from Canada, we learned a thing or two. I can definitely see why the show has been put on for 13 years now. It is a must see.

1 Thank frost9213
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

On our recent vacation to Boston and Niagara Falls we attended Oh Canada, eh for a wonderful dinner show. The wait service were also the entertainers. We thoroughly enjoyed the singing. Our grandsons 11 and 8 had a great time. Wonderful family entertainment.