“Good and bad”
Review of Canmore Crossing

Canmore Crossing
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here for Aug long with a group of people. We had a 3 bedroom which was really big and all 6 of us fit comfortably in the place. It had a rooftop hot tub which we used. The hot tub is only open until ten though. There were a few issues with the place though the bedding in the master bedroom was really dirty. It was covered in hair and it really grossed us out. The placemats and the table were dirty they shouldn't have a raw wood table in there as it can't really be cleaned. The dishwasher didn't work properly and the carpet was quite dirty too. It was quite inexpensive for such a big place but I wouldn't go back as the housekeeping just isn't doing a good job. I have heard other suites are quite a bit nicer but 204 was pretty dirty and the sheets thing just really grossed me out.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank hollyCanada
ManagerFML, Manager at Canmore Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Hi there,

I am glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite & the roof top hot tub at Canmore Crossing. I am happy to report that the dishwasher has since been repaired. I can assure you that the bed linens were cleaned between each stay. The laundry is done using the in-suite laundry facilities, and sometimes hairs can stay wrapped up in the sheets during the wash & dry cycles. I have taken your comments up with our house keeping team to ensure the linens are double checked after being washed and dried.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to prove our normal high standards on your next stay in Canmore.

Kind regards,
-Adrian.
Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed in unit 401 building B and very much enjoyed our stay. The condo is very large and offers large bed rooms. It has a nice kitchen and dining area and a BBQ. It has in suite laundry and 2 full bathrooms each with a tub. (Great for bathing little ones) The unit is large and has to be around 1300 sq ft. Everything was great except a couple of items; there's no a/c and it got quite warm even with the windows open and supplied fans going. (I guess that's why those fans are in there), it is pretty close to the rail tracks and the night train woke our 22 month old daughter up every night, (bedroom window was open due to no a/c) and the hot tub in our building was closed for the 3 nights we were there. (there are 2 others in the other building but we never bothered to check them out. Even with the items listed above, I would stay there again if I was in a large group because you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Ask for 401B
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ManagerFML, Manager at Canmore Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review of Canmore Crossing on Trip Advisor! I am happy that you appreciated the spaciousness & some of the many benefits of the suite. From time to time the hot-tubs can be closed for service issues, but the 2 roof top hot tubs in the A & C buildings are worth the visit. While there is no air conditioning inside the suites, the building corridors are cooled, and it can make a difference leave a door open for a while to allow the cool air in. On your next visit we can try to locate you on the opposite side of the building where the night train would be less noticeable for your children.

Safe travels,

-Adrian
Guest Services Manager
Bellstar, Canmore Crossing

Reviewed 30 March 2011

My husband and I had stayed at Canmore Crossing on a previous ski trip. We were so impressed, we wanted to come back. I wouldn't do it again.

We reserved a two bedroom, two bathroom unit. Only one of the toilets actually flushed. The dishes were not very clean, but we soon learned that this was probably due to the fact that the dishwasher didn't clean dishes at all. We were told that there would be a "limited amount" of detergent for laundry available. Seemed fair. We expected at least enough for one or two loads. There was none. The fridge was so cold that our milk and fruit froze solid. Adjusting the controls didn't help. And even though there was a working modem and wireless internet router sitting on the desk blinking at us, clearly in working order, the owner of the condo chose not to allow guests to use it. When I'm on vacation, I rely on internet access to find out about trail and snow conditions, places to eat, shop, etc. This is outrageous and completely incomprehensible to me. It costs them nothing to allow internet access.

Minor things, sure, but there were so many of them it really interfered with our holiday. We'll find another place to stay next year.

Room Tip: Don't stay in unit 300B. No internet!!
Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Waxer_11
Reviewed 28 November 2010

So we stayed here for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with our extended family. When we booked we informed them that there was going to be 8 adults and 7 kids. They seemed somewhat suprised that little kids made noise. It's not like they were jumping on the beds or couches, just being kids....and the kids would go to bed by 8:00. Also, there was no drinking / partying. The guy below us was an ignorant fool. He constantly knocked on this ceiling (one time when there weren't even any kids and someone walked from the front room towards the kitchen.
Anyway, when we were done, we were charged an extra $288 for the noise complaint...with no recourse...just because some moron whined (there's no one there to supervise or for there to be some sort of fair resolution).
I would STRONGLY NOT recommed this for families or for people who are on vacation for a good time and might want to walk around in their condo.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank itisdale
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My husband and I along with another couple just returned from ten days in Alberta. We spent six nights in a two bedroom condo at Canmore Crossing. It was absolutely wonderful. Four people, two bathrooms, perfect. To wake up every morning, sit out on the deck and see The Three Sisters Mountains......who could ask for more. The condo had a fireplace, heated floors, a dishwasher, washer and dryer,,,,,,it had absolutely everything you could need or want. A favourite for my friend and I was our nightly soak in the roof top hot tub.......life doesn't get any better than that! The arrival process was seamless, your vehicle is completely safe in the underground parking, and the building has a secured entrance. The condo was convenient to grocery stores, liquor stores, banks, and downtown.We could not have booked two hotels rooms for six days anywhere near the cost of renting this condo. I really hit the jackpot when I booked at Canmore Crossing.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank lddavidson
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Arrived late in the evening to find a nice 3 bedroom unit, but everything was dirty. The kitchen counter and stove had been wiped with a greasy cloth. Dust everywhere. The bedding appeared to be someone’s leftovers from home. We could not stay and found a different hotel. We spent the next day trying to get some satisfaction from the property managers but they were very non professional. After hours of debating we managed to get a credit in another unit for a later date. Very disappointed with the customer service. We have stayed many times in the past and have been pleased with the service, the rooms and cleanliness. A new management company has taken over and they do care.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Havefun93
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Our first stop for our honeymoon. Easy access in and out. Great location, BEAUTIFUL mountains, even when it rained and had bad weather. Close to everything as well. The hot tub in our building was under construction however... Being that it was not peak season, it was very quiet and easy to navigate. Beamer's Cafe and coffee downtown was a highlight, as well as The Bear Paw restaurant and pub.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple