“Awesome, just awesome.”

Ranked #28 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hogshead, Canmore, was started by a group of friends, who are long time Bow Valley residents. We are a casual and inviting food forward restaurant where family and friends, new and old, could come together to enjoy great locally crafted beers, amazing wines and fantastic food in our beautiful mountain setting. We believe we have done just that and invite you to come and discover your new favourite!
Lethbridge, Canada
“Awesome, just awesome.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The food and service is nothing short of outstanding. The Hogshead has a nice laid back atmosphere with a staff that was welcoming and friendly.

My wife and I came in for a late lunch and had the elk and rabbit burgers. Both meals surpassed all expectations. I wish we stayed longer in Canmore, so we could've tried more dishes. Our server was outstanding during our visit. Thanks S. for making our meal that much better.

As I mentioned earlier, the place is casual and laid back - just the relaxing environment I was looking for. If you're coming to Canmore, make the Hogshead a stop, you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank kirby41
HogsheadManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hogshead, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hey kirby41,
Thanks for being so awesome yourself and taking time out of your day to write this review!
Very much appreciated,

Chicago, Illinois
“A Great New Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We totally enjoyed our meal here. The vegetarian pizza was outstanding and so was the elk burger.

The staff was lovely.....Hi, Abby!!!

Do not miss this place when you are in Canmore...Lovely food and people!

2 Thank Ken A
HogsheadManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hogshead, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi lindatalavera!
Thanks for the awesome 5 out of 5 star review.
We love to get great feedback like this from our guests.
Hope we will see you again soon!
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
“Really enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Canmore for 1 week and ate here 3 times. Fun spot, casual with good food & service. We tried the wings, all 3 burgers & 2 of the 3 pizzas and liked it all! Staff is friendly and attentive. We will for sure be back on our next visit to Canmore.

3 Thank MnM08
You are locals from afar MnM08!
Thank you for visiting us time and time again during your visit.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you make your way to the mountains!
Safe Travels,
London, United Kingdom
“The best burger ever tasted - best food in Canmore”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place is so good I just don't know where to start. Fantastic food, fantastic service, and great drinks.

Don't be put of by how this place looks, it is undoubtedly the best place to eat in Canmore. After finding this place we came came back the next night, and would have kept coming back if we had stayed in Canmore longer.

I had the best burger I ever ate here. It was an Elk burger. A friend I was with had a beefburger, and said that it was the best beefburger she had ever tasted. Other friends loved the rabbit burger.

I also had a bacon and tomato soup here, which was also outstanding. Like no soup I have ever tasted before. It was a king of soups. It ought to be served in a gold-plated bowl.

If this all sounds a bit over the top, it's not, it's just the effect of eating outstanding food which made our tongues sing with joy.

They make all the food fresh to order, using local ingredients, and it shows.

Even by Canadian high standards the people who work here are incredibly friendly and helpful. They made coming back a second night feel like coming back to your regular local. The regulars here are also friendly. Both staff and regulars got involved in trying to invent a sweet and sour cocktail for a friend I was with.

I calculate that from where I live in London, UK, it would take a minimum of 15 hours for me to get here for dinner, and that makes me sad. I have traveled to maybe 30 countries around the world, and this is one of my all-time favourite places to eat and drink. If I am ever in the region again, I'll be back.

You would be crazy to come all the way to Canmore without eating here.

Visited August 2014
7 Thank Mark F
Wow Mark F, thank you so much!!
Your awesome review means so much to us!
Hope you enjoyed your time in Canmore. Also, we won't think you're crazy for making the 15 hour flight ;)
Take Care!
Hogshead
“Excellent meal, friendly service & friendly”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was the middle of the afternoon when we stopped for a late lunch . My hubby loved the elk burger, I enjoyed the beef burger.....the chef is awesome! She makes her own receipe of pickles, meat, sausages... You will not find the dedication to great food anywhere else... She makes the buns fresh on site & has gluten free options available.... This is the place to go!

4 Thank Kena123456
Thanks Kena123456 for your kind words about our Chef!
Like you said, we focus on house made items as much as possible! Focaccia bread is made at Hogshead, but we must give a shout out to JK Bakery in Canmore for their delicious buns!
Hope we can serve you again soon,