“good food, very long wait.”

Sage Bistro & Wine Lounge
Ranked #26 of 127 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Rustic log building in the Rockies, we offer creative cuisine rooted in French Bistro style with Canadian and Worldly influences. Our Wine Lounge offers small plates, sharing platters, 14 different cheeses, charcuterie and an extensive wine by the glass program.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went to this restaurant not too long ago for the second time. The food was good like the first time we went, but the service took forever as it did the first time (45 mins to get eggs and toast.....) and we were given an amount of Jam that that literally would have been enough for one piece of toast (to share between 4 slices each....). I know it may seem like a small thing but for the price you pay here this is the kind of thing that I don't understand. It is a very nice atmosphere here with nice big windows, but I probably would not go back because I do not like waiting so long for a simple meal when I have sights to see!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We met my sister and her husband here for brunch, Husband and I had bacon, eggs, fruit, roasted potatoes, and toast. Sister and her hubby had frittatas. They even had gluten free toast for my sister! The coffee was so good and our server Jane was awesome! I will go back!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our third time visiting Sage and as before we had a great meal. The location is very convenient just off Highway one. Interesting food, one should surely have dessert - very very good. We were on the way to Kelowna from Regina and found Sage to be a great way to rest before driving through the mountains.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

One of our favourite spots in Canmore. I had the Lamb shank and it was to die for. It had been slow cooked for most of the day which made it "fall off the bone" tender. It came with a nice selection of grilled vegetables. They have a decent assortment of wines to pair with your meals.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It's located in a beautiful log cabin, you can see the mountains from inside and outside, they have outdoor seating as well, very classy dressed servers, great wine selection and fancy foods selection, be prepared with a lot of money in your wallet though, this place is very expensive.