“Nice Pub, nice patio”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located in down town Canmore, in walking distance to all shops, galleries, candy stores. The Drake is Canmore’s premier live music venue and a favorite for dining, sports and enjoying happy hour taking in the views from the patios. Our Albertan pub menu is complimented with a wide selection of local craft beers, wines and cocktails. Great Food, Great Fun. Welcome to the Drake!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nice Pub, nice patio”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like this place for regular pub food, a nice patio, good service and fair prices. Feels a bit like a beer hall sometimes; and both the good and bad you might associate with that.... and definitely has a younger crowd in attendance as evenings progress; but they do a nice job of it all... and the location is superb for both downtown access (if you're staying) and highway access if you're just on your way through.

Calgary, Canada
“Good food very well priced”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely pub which has great food. We went at lunch time and it was bright and not too noisy. Food was really good and reasonable. All age groups. Right in shopping part of town so can also stroll along and look at quaint shops while being surrounded by mountains. Would definitely go there again!

Visited April 2014
“Bad value, bad service, bad food.-”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Never again.
Severely overpriced, horrible service and won't return. Yes, they were hopping - it was busy. But not so busy that the hostess couldn't even say hello. What we got was us seating ourselves. Some menus were dumped on our table and it was a looooong time before someone got back to us for drinks. When someone finally showed up, it took another forever for the drinks to show up. The food we ordered (a mix of appetizers and entrees, no dessert) was slow in coming, boring and really unremarkable for the price. ....and it took forever to show up. No one came back to see if we needed anything, to refill drinks but they sure kept clearing the table - taking a dish away here, a plate there, a glass here, condiments, one little bit at a time until we were left with nothing on the table. I guess we were done?
THEN, we waited yet another bit of forever and ended up begging for our bill so we could get out of there. All in all, not worth the price and the service was horrid.
In a town like Canmoe where there are almost hundreds of different restaurants to choose from, your service had better be excellent. These guys failed.

Calgary, Canada
“great deal during dining week”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Special offer during Canmore Uncorked Food and Drink Festival - April 3-12, 2014 -- --$19 for 3 courses with three 1/2-pint beer pairings - what a deal!

-friendly service
-food uneven in quality, but good value for the price, and inventive dessert-adequate for a casual meal with beers
-appetizer - 3 slices of enchilada with a zesty fresh sour cream dip - good
-main - pulled bison tacos -ok, nice wild mushroom pilaf to accompany
-main - seared Alberta lake trout - full fillet - slightly overdone for my taste
-generous serving of done-just-right vegetables
-dessert- fried ice cream with berry compote and whipping cream - good
-dessert -- my dessert was quirky and I applaud the chef for offering it --- birch syrup-glazed tater tots with whipping cream and vanilla custard -- i just had to try it -- an oddly pleasing mix of salty and sweet tastes

Golden, Canada
“Satisfied a craving with mediocre food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Living in a mountain town has its limitations, especially with food. A good pound of wings and an amazing sauce is very hard to find. When I had to drive to Canmore to visit my bank branch, I was hoping to find a place with good wings and was recommended the Drake Pub
I ordered my pound of wings sauced with the hottest they had. When I saw yam frites on the menu, I had to get those as well. Yam frites were an amazing choice, huge serving of yam frites and exceptional chipotle mayo dip. The wings however were not anything special. The sauce wasn't nearly as hot as I thought it would be and a few of the wings were cold. For the price I paid for the wings, I was not impressed with what I got. Having not had a good pound of wings in weeks I was disappointed.
The atmosphere isn't special, generic pub décor. I did go around early dinner time (3:30pm) and it wasn't very busy. The service was good except for the fact that I sat at the table for 15mins after I had finished and I had to ask for the bill. One huge thing (in my opinion) was that there was a fly flying around me and my food when I was eating. Theres nothing like trying to enjoy a meal while also trying to swat a fly away...
This place might be a good place to go to for late nights drinks, but I wouldn't recommend going here for a simple meal.

• Visited January 2014