“Tasty but Slow”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I took my family of 6 to this restaurant earlier this week. The food was very slow in coming and the restaurant was not busy. Then some of the dishes arrived but with no rice. I had to get up from the table to ask for the rice (which had been ordered), and it still took some time. The quality of the food was good though and the young waitress was pleasant but couldn't understand the problem.
It was cold outside, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As I became lost in Canmore looking for a certain destination, I stumbled upon Famous and I am glad I did! The entire restaurant is very cozy and inviting, with the atmosphere of a mountain home. I arrived before the supper hour, and seated with prompt friendly service. I ordered a dinner plate for one, and an appetizer. When the food was ready, I was speechless, as there was enough food for two! The food had great taste, was fresh, and was well worth the price for portion. I definitely recommend a stop here for a scenic meal!

2  Thank jcsch
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My husbaand I are both chinese, we are craving for ma-po toufu as we travel near Banff areas. Given we are in canmore we are not sure what to expect. Pleasant surprise! Friendly staff, nice family style cooking, not too salty or westernize. Thanks Famous restaurant, we are happy dinner tonight :)

1  Thank kfamilytrip
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Both my wife and I were craving Chinese and decided to try this place out. The quality was decent but not the best by far. It'll do when you want that type of food. Service was good.

1  Thank TravellingMatthieu
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This restaurant changed hands a few years ago, and it is certainly not the restaurant it once was. The food took a real turn to the worse, in fact, the taste was nowhere near what we expected. I do not recommend this restaurant unless they pull up their socks considerably.