“Good choice for a family.”

Famous Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food is good, though not outstanding. Well located close to downtown Canmore. We tried the ginger beef - a bit spicy.

1  Thank AWCalgary

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Don't waste your money, plates are extremely small for the price, 8" plate of beef and broccoli was 15 bucks and not heaping. We ordered it with fried rice and that didn't even show up until I went and asked for it 30 minutes later. Mean while the server is checking her smart phone with her friends and the manager is not saying anything.
Another customer was complaining about their noodle plate that was burnt and looking for a discount. Worst restaurant I have been to in quite awhile.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I don't know if the restaurant changed hands again, but our last visit was disastrous. 2/3 of the restaurant is in darknes for lack of customers, the remaining 1/3 is the hub of take out, with phone ringing pick-up service and cab drivers,sitdown customers are a side issue. The food was not very good and very greasy. The noodle dish featuring bbq pork, shrimp and chenese vegetables, ordered medium hot, was too hot to eat. You needed a magnifying glass to find some pork, 1 found 2 smalish shrimp and the vegetables were just a decoration. Husband's sweet and sour pork was not much better. I can get better food and ambience, for a third of the price at the grocery store or any food court in Calgary. We are not going back.

1  Thank curi0ust00
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I took my family of 6 to this restaurant earlier this week. The food was very slow in coming and the restaurant was not busy. Then some of the dishes arrived but with no rice. I had to get up from the table to ask for the rice (which had been ordered), and it still took some time. The quality of the food was good though and the young waitress was pleasant but couldn't understand the problem.
It was cold outside, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As I became lost in Canmore looking for a certain destination, I stumbled upon Famous and I am glad I did! The entire restaurant is very cozy and inviting, with the atmosphere of a mountain home. I arrived before the supper hour, and seated with prompt friendly service. I ordered a dinner plate for one, and an appetizer. When the food was ready, I was speechless, as there was enough food for two! The food had great taste, was fresh, and was well worth the price for portion. I definitely recommend a stop here for a scenic meal!

2  Thank jcsch