“Mine Side Dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine
Seattle, Washington
“Mine Side Dinner”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I did stop in the Mine Side Diner on the way to Vancouver. The diner is a hole in the wall that is barely noticeable from the street. I wasn't interested in eating the usual fast food, so I drove into downtown Canmore to look for a place to eat.

This place is a hole in the wall. The diner has a table for 2 & a few chairs up against what is like a bar shelf. If you want to eat in, 8 people would fill the place up.

I was with 2 other people and we all ordered something different. The fries are AWESOME. I had their famous "East Coast Donair". I ordered the small size along with fries thinking a donair would not be enough. Wrong. The portion is huge. Their small donair is like the jumbo size at most places. I think it was around $7.50. I was barely able to finish it and the fries & was stuffed for hours. The people with me ordered other food and it too had huge portions. None of us finished it.

The quality of the food is great. It has great flavour and as others have said the french fries are awesome. No idea what they coat them with but they're great. All 3 of us said the same thing. $20 bucks bought me and my GF a full meal that neither of us could finish. The staff was laid back and friendly. Next time I'm in Canmore I'll definitely go back & eat there. It's just a few minutes off the highway and in "downtown Canmore". Worth the extra few minutes going off the highway. A reminder of all the little gems that exist in Canmore...often overlooked being so close to Banff.

• Visited June 2011

Canmore, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fries In Town”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Best Fries In Town!! Plus its Open Past Midnight On Weekends!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“i miss the O”
Reviewed 17 June 2008

i miss the O

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you want to meet some...”
Reviewed 26 November 2007

If you want to meet some real locals - Hakan's favorite place for a beer

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook