“This hotel is getting old”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Saint Jerome
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is a nice property, located near the highway with a lot of restaurants very close by.

The room was dusty, and we were sick from the dust lifted from the old carpet by the air conditionner. Besides that the room was clean.

The air conditionning system was very cloud and not very effective. When we came in at night the room was at 25C and the next morning it was only at 23C even if we set the AC for 21C.

The room was large and well equiped.

The sleep quality was awful. The mattress springs were making squeaking noises each time someone moved on the bed. This was terrible enough to wake you in the night.

The breakfast was typical from Confort Inns, but the staff was overwhelm by the crowd and couldn't keep up refilling the food. This created some kind of chaos which lead some guest to become agressive and irritated. Not a pleasant atmosphere for a breakfast... But they serve a very decent coffee.

Based on all this, I would say that the value is not good. Next time I would probably try the Best Western next door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here 9 days for business. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. There is a nice selections of restaurants around the hotel area to choose from. The staff was always friendly (even though I don't speak french) and helpful.
The only downfalls I noticed is for longer stays, there is no laundry facility at the hotel and I was unable to locate one in the community with my language barrier. So I wouldn't recommend an extended work stay here. A short stay most definitely.
The north and west ends of the hotel outside is piled up with clutter and should be cleaned up for safety purposes. A woodchuck has made a home under the pallets and lumber on the west side.
It would also be nice if the rooms were equipped with refrigerators.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights here one night before we started the Le Ptit Train Du Nord bike trail and one night after. We had the same room for both nights it was very clean and comfortable no issues AT ALL. Great location to the shuttle bus pickup to take us and our bikes to Mt Laurier to start are ride MAYBE 2-3 minutes away. Tim Hortons a stone throw away and some local restaurants plenty of options. Downtown is a very short car ride for a drink at one of the MANY outdoor patios. All in all a great stay I would highly recommend this hotel especially if you are doing the trail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a meeting around the area and decided to stay at this locaitons. The parking lot was very well lit and the night auditor was very friendly with me during my check. The room gave me a warm feeling when I entered and the bed was very comfy., What i did find funny was the sink near the room's entrance, however it did not bother me in any way. Sadly I was in a hurry the next morning and did not get to have their breakfast. Their morning crew was alsovery friendly (night auditor was still there). Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The friendly staff at the front desk go above and beyond to assist with anything from future reservations to very helpful and effective advice about dining and entertainment in the local area. The rooms are spacious with large beds adorned with multiple small pillows. Although the windows do not open, they provide nice views. There is even an smal exercise room equipped with vaious machines for those inclined to do an indoor workout.

The lobby is spacious and accomodates a large seating area for the great hot breakfast served early in the morning.

Room Tip: For a quiet sleep, pick a room overlooking the parking lot instead of the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Room was dirty, mold on the floor near the tub. beds were uncomfortable. My car was broken into in the parking lot. the staff were not helpful or friendly.. Breakfast was average. They do offer complimentary movies to watch on your dvd player in your room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here before our P'tit Train du Nord bike trip. The service was good. The room was spacious and clean. High ceilings. The continental breakfast was OK - very typical, toast, cereal, yogurt, bananas, english muffins. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Saint Sauveur des Monts
Imperia Hotel & Suites
Imperia Hotel & Suites
#3 of 3 in Saint-Eustache

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!