“A better hotel than I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport

Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pointe Claire
Philadelphia, PA
“A better hotel than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I can't quite give this place 4 stars because it would lead folks to assume it's a nicer hotel than it really is. But as an inexpensive roadside motel convenient to the Montreal airport (Trudeau), I think it's a perfectly decent place to stay. While the outside doesn't look like much, the rooms are modern and comfortable. The staff is friendly, the neighborhood (while boring) is safe, and parking is easy.

Breakfast isn't a strong point; indeed, with a better breakfast, I might have given them 4 stars. The breakfast room is woefully too small, and the breakfast selection doesn't go beyond low quality processed bread products (with some yogurt, cereal, juice, etc.). But lots of motels serve this kind of breakfast, so it's probably what you're expecting.

I used 8000 Choice Rewards points to "pay" for my stay, and I think it was a bargain at that price. If you get a nice discounted rate, I think you'll be satisfied, too.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
The management of Comfort Inn l would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to review our hotel. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Pointe Claire.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Santa Clara, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for family visit for the past several years due to its close proximity to our family. Our stay this time was from Aug 10-19.

There was one disappointment this time. I always call the hotel directly a couple of weeks in advance to confirm our room request. I did the same for this visit to request for a one queen bed, non-smoking, and I was informed that no problem, it has been noted and can be accommodated. At check-in, we got the non-smoking room but 2 double beds. The room was tight due to the second bed in lieu of the sofa and did not have an office chair. At check in, the receptionist firmly said they are full and it has been pre-assigned and he can not do anything about it. We were exhausted from long flights (red-eye and delays) and just did not have the energy to deal with the robotic receptionist. So for our 9 night stay, my husband and I had to cramp into a double bed and used the other bed to put our things on. When I worked on my computer to do business work, I had to sit on a very low kitchen like chair that hurt my back and arm.

What I still like about this hotel: complimentary breakfast, local calls, internet, and English newspaper. Areas to improve: Extend the breakfast hours to 10 am during the week; make it a non-smoking hotel; provide English newspaper during the weekend in addition to weekdays.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCSantaClara
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn, Pointe Claire. I would like to apologize for the mix-up with your reservation. I know there were a lot of groups stayign with us during that time period and a few reservations got re-arranged as a result - I realize that this is not your fault and I am really sorry that your reservation was affected. I'm happy to hear that despite the error, you still enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your comments & we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bath, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Hotel was clean and staff very helpfull and friendly. We did not partake of the free beakfast,so cannot include this in my review. Only negative which I dont think the hotel can be blamed for ,we were in a non-smoking room , but the halls smelled badldly of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Pointe Claire as your "stop-over" hotel on your way to New Brunswick. I would also like to apologize for the smoke smell in the hallways. We have been working with several different products over the past few months, trying to eliminate the smoke smell that sneaks out of our smoking rooms into the hallways. Unfortunately, with all the humidity we've been experiencing this summer, we have not been very successful. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the chance to take advantage of our complimentary continental breakfast - I hope you will give it a try the next time you visit. I know your time is valuable so I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel is located in the English part of Montreal, close to the highway Auto Route 40. It was easy to locate.
I was visiting friends and was here for one night. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Reserve early... :)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Pointe Claire. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope that we will see you again in the future!
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I frequently stay here when in Montreal on business. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and the continental breakfast is usually sufficient (and if you want something fancier, there is a Cora's near by). The place is beginning to show its age, with many things feeling worn. They do have free wi-fi. If you just need somewhere to sleep for a night or two, this is a solid, unremarkable option.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We realize that your time is valuable therefore would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although the property is getting older, we are trying to keep up with the times as best we can. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage and enjoy our continental breakfast and make use of our wi-fi while you were staying with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at this Comfort Inn on May 13th to May 16th 2012. The room had two double beds, a nice little fridge, was clean and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions, and advice. It was about 25 minutes from Downtown Montreal, but there are also lots of great restaurants in the area. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the end of the hotel as it is the farthest from the main road and will be qui...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay on May 13, 2012. The staff here do try their best to help guests in any way possible and I'm glad to hear that their efforts were noticed during your stay. Thank you again and I hope that we see you again soon!
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

The staff were English speaking (and told me that this was the English Quarter). The reservation was done without a hitch. There wasn't an elevator that I could see, so I lugged my heavy luggage up to the second floor. Breakfast was simple, with the toaster being the only heat involved. The beds were soft, which is all I really cared about.

Room Tip: Try for the first floor as I never did see an elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cn334, Manager at Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am glad that we were able to satisfy your expectations. You mentioned the "lack" of an elevator - I would like to assure you that all of our Guest Representatives do make a concious effort to mention that we do not have an elevator while making reservations as we often have guests who are unable to climb the stairs. I would like to apologize If they failed to do so when you made your reservation. I am very happy to hear that you had an comfortable sleep and that you were able to enjoy our continental breakfast.
I would like to thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe Claire
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval
Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal

Been to Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport? Share your experiences!