“Tournament accommodation”

Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pointe Claire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire for a hockey tournament, its only 7 mins drive (not rush hour) from Sportsplex at Pierrefonds, the group sales management section there was well organised, our team was spread over 2 floors, the venue has free wifi, free parking, breakfast buffet, restaurant, room service, has a computer room and a pool. The rooms were very neat and clean, pretty modern, two of our families had the suites, they were very spacious, all rooms had fridges and microwave. There were many hockey kids there, however the rooms were fairly noise proof. Would recommend this venue hands down if playing near this arena. Even though there is a restaurant in the hotel there is a grocery store very close by and lots of restaurants within minutes drive, its close to everything!

Room Tip: there is an ice machine on each floor, we suggested all accommodation away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located not that far from the airport. Shopping center close by "walking" distance.

Breakfast buffet is awesome.

They have a nice small indoors pool, jacuzzi and small exercise room.

Shuttle service to the airport is very convenient.

The room are recent renovated. They could do better with the TV sets.

The only drawback is, if you are going for tourist, it is far from the main attractions and there is not metro station close by.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our family had Brunch at the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire on Mother's Day, and were very satisfied.
The service was courteous and helpful, and the buffet which we all chose, was excellent. The only area needing improvement was the clearing of dishes once used, which I'm aware can be a problem with a buffet meal and several courses. Each mother received a lovely red rose - a nice touch. We would certainly do this again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ANNABEL D
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have to say the staff here are very friendly. I was there for 3 days for a business trip and the pool was nice, clean and stocked with towels, the bar was modern, with great TV's and a great bartender. My room attendant was fabulous! She deserved a raise.
The location is superb as well being about 10 minutes to downtown Montreal and right beside the highway on/off ramps.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Always have a good experience when we stay here. The staff both at the front desk and in the restaurant are very professional and provide excellent service. It is particularly nice to have eggs cooked to order at breakfast. The room on the 12th floor is quiet and comfortable. Our only problem was getting the movie channel to work on the TV in the bedroom area of the suite. A nice addition to the room is a 2 person jacuzzi tub!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paulina R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We would first like to thank you for your loyalty! We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us once again. We appreciate your kind words about the front desk and restaurant staff. We are sorry about the inconvenience regarding the movie channel not working in the bedroom area. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed there for a hockey tournament @ the Sportplexe Pierrefonds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. Easy on/off the highway, good restaurants nearby, and plenty of stores nearby in case you forgot anything. It was about a 10 minute drive to the Sportplexe Pierrefonds and about 30-40 minutes to Montreal (depending on traffic).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear John M.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews and also for your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to read that the staff was friendly and helpful and that the room was comfortable and clean. This type of feedback is try encouraging.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I arrived at the airport and there was a shuttle already there waiting to pick up some other guests. This was lucky as I was unaware I was supposed to book it. Check in was a complete disaster, it took over 45 minutes to resolve some fairly simple issues and almost resulted in my room being downgraded. After over 30 hours of travelling all I wanted to do was get in the room and have a shower, so this undue delay was extremely frustrating. I did however receive an upgraded room following the managers intervention (the room I had booked was not available). Upon entering theroom I noticed someone elses luggage in my room! I called down to reception and they were very apologetic and issued my with a free breakfast voucher, which was a nice touch, and changed the room quite quickly.

The rest of my stay was very pleasant, the room was really nice and modern, the breakfasts were very good and the breakfast staff were excellent.

By the end of my stay I had almost forgotten the trouble that had been caused at the beginning of my stay.

However, upon my return I noticed that my companies credit card had not been charged for my stay. It later transpired that the company I was visiting, who booked the room for me had their credit card charged instead. The credit card issue was part of the reason my check in took so long, so I had repeatedly explained which credit card must be billed. I had even sent them an email with a copy of the credit card, explaining that it must be used to pay for the room, which they acknowledged. So I am unsure how this embarrassing mistake had happened.

Overall I am not sure I would return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Spursfan08
Paulina R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you regarding the billing issues. We appreciate your kind words about the staff. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention.
Thank you once again for your comments, we hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe Claire
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#70 of 165 in Montreal
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!