“European hotel at the airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel

Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Georgetown, Canada
“European hotel at the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

great rooms, quiet, cool. Bit of a hike from the terminal, but worth it once you get there. Very new, very nice, quite reasonably priced

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank petewanner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This location is actually IN the airport...2 steps out of the lobby and you are literally able to check into your airline. We had a very early AM flight so location was perfect. Amenities were scarce, no free WIFI as the rest of the hotels in Canada had. Not my favorite, but with Montreal traffic a good place to stay for airport departure...no other reason to stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frequenttravelers68
Geneva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I chose this hotel because I had to take a very early flight the next morning. The hotel was perfect because of its four-star standard and location (inside the airport terminal, a short walk from the check-in area.) I had a view of Mount Royal (and a parking lot!) from my 5th floor room. I appreciated the size and comfort of the room and I slept very soundly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Calvin-in-Geneva
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Connected directly to the international airport in Montreal is a little bit of heaven. At the end of the terminal just off the United Airlines check in desk is the elevator up to the lobby of this beautiful hotel.
Sparkling clean, well laid out with lots of meeting spots, (even semi private meeting rooms you can rent) For an international traveler with a layover, it is an oasis of beauty and calm.
I stayed one night and enjoyed a spacious well appointed room. Smooth ironed linnens, fragarent soaps, and fluffy towels. $269+ tax. Expensive, yes, worth it, YES!
Hotel is non smoking, and has a restaurant on the reception level, and a pool and work out room on the 8th floor.

Room Tip: This hotel is a bit pricey, but I felt it was welll worth it. The staff calls you by name, the serv...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jberger
Niagara falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

This is easily the worst hotel I have stayed at in 2012. Unbelievably bad air quality, staff that wants you out early in the morning, and just an overall bad experience.

I arrived at the airport around 6:30pm, and walked into the Marriott with no issues. It is conveniently located on site at the airport just past the U.S. terminal (far end from the domestic terminal).

Check-in was fairly quick, even with a large line-up. Upon enterning the room, it looked fairly nice, but I noticed all the vents were heavily covered with dust/debris blowing into the room. You could see the dust had settled in various areas of the room since it was last cleaned - as well, the ceiling by one vent had turned black and had dust hanging from it - see attached photos.

The room was a good size, with HD TV, decent internet speeds (at a hefty price near $16!), and a bathroom with a glass wall. I was travelling alone, but I could imagine sharing this room with someone and using the washroom - the toilet is in full view, and the shower is in full view. The glass is etched to about 5' up, but easily could see through the etching to the whole bathroom - not completely private. As well, anyone tall or standing on a bed has a full view of the bathroom - therefore, if you are travelling with someone that you don't want to share your bathroom experiences with, you may need to toss them in the hall...

The air quality throughout the night was poor, and did get me congested and a sore throat.

My plan was to leave the hotel the next morning around 10am (well before check-out time) but at 7:40am, the cleaning staff/maid tried getting in my room. I had the latch on the door, but she tried several times opening the door and slamming it. I got out of bed, and told her I would be out at 10am. Around 8:10am, the same thing happened again, then again at 8:50 and 9:30!!! This hotel really wants you to check-out early!

When I was leaving the hotel at 10am, I saw a guest having the same problem - the cleaning staff tried to get in his room, and he yelled "leave me alone"....must be a common problem. I would assume this is a management directive, as I would assume the cleaning staff does not want to walk in on guests in the morning on purpose.

The lack of being able to sleep in was frustrating - typically at airports I'm use to the noise in the morning from the jets/planes, but not use to people trying to get in my room constantly.

I will never stay at the hotel again - even if I was travelling with others, I would seek other accomodation.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NFTravller1
, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Although you found our location inside the airport to be convenient, we regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Please rest assured that we take all of our guests’ concerns very seriously and have looked into the Housekeeping issues you have brought to our attention. In regards to the design of our bathrooms, we do have some guestrooms with fully enclosed bathrooms with bathtub and we would be happy to ensure that you receive this type of accommodation on your stay.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as your experience was not reflective of the usual high standards of service most of our guests experience.
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. The location is perfect as you don't have to go outside the terminal to access it. Our room was light and airy and had everything we needed. Nice bathroom, great shower, comfortable bed. Quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank rdabca
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the direct access to the airport from our hotel to be convenient as well as our rooms to be comfortable and quiet. We hope that you will include a stay at the Montreal Airport Marriott as part of your next travel itinerary!
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you're catching an early flight or want to spend a night at the hotel before leaving on a trip this hotel is perfect, the best location for the airport because you are literally at the airport.

The staff is extremely nice, will help you with anything you need, rooms are clean, large and spacious. Everything from the bed, to the shower is in immaculate condition.

I would recommend this hotel for anybody leaving from the airport they also have package for room and parking for your entire length of your trip

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nickstudio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 164 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!