“One of Marriott's best”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Vancouver, Canada
“One of Marriott's best”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed in Marriott hotels around the world and this is perhaps the best one I have visited. Excellent service, clean, modern with a great bar and restaurant. It is a great contrast to most hotels in the area which are run down and worn out, a little like Montreal itself. This really is a good place to stay, good pool too. I hardly ever give top marks but this place is currently worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bad_2_the_bone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was my first time staying at this hotel. I had stayed in other hotels in the area but never this close to the airport. Actually, this hotel is connected directly to the airport terminal. So if you need to catch a plane the next morning, you don’t need to go outside. Just a few steps and you are at the check-in counter. I didn't have a plane to catch the next day, although I wish I have an itinerary going to Europe, Vegas or maybe Asia.

I stayed here just for one night with my wife and an eight year old. The kid was quite excited because he got to see many aeroplanes taking off and landing. However, my wife was worried if the noises would be an issue since we were pretty much in the airport. If any reader is concern about the noise, then I can assure you that there is no need to worry. It’s extremely quiet!! When I am in the room, I don’t hear anything from the outside. Even if you are sitting in the lobby, it’s very relaxing. No loud crazy plane noise whatsoever.
Check-in was really smooth. I suggest you sign up for the Marriott Rewards memberships. It’s free and convenient. You will then be able to use its mobile check-in. Once you have confirmed your check-in on your mobile, just walk up to the front desk and pick up your key from the agent. The whole process took me less than five minutes. Once I got my room keys, I notified the valet parking attendant who also happened to be the Bell Boy, to send our luggage to our room. Parking is $24.00 whether it’s valet or self-park. I took the valet parking instead of self-park since it’s the same cost and it’s much more convenient.

I have reserved a room with two queens beds. Spacious room with modern decor. Size of the room is around 385sqft/35sqm for a regular King/2 Queens bedroom. My room was quite shinny since it was facing West and it was also facing the terminal and the run way. If you have a child who loves plane, he/she will be looking out the window all the time instead of watching TV. Good size for a bathroom. Modern style, simple but sophisticated. I like it when there no bathtub, shower with glass window, and one sink. The room is also equipped with a mini fridge, iron and iron board. The room is clean. No weird smell. The bed is comfortable. Plenty of fresh towels in the bathroom and no stain on them.

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi is not included under the regular room category. Cost is $15.95, furthermore this is not mentioned anywhere on the hotel website. I believe this is an issue which most guests have complained or will complain about. In my opinion, the cost of the Wi-Fi should be addressed on the website. Spoke to the front desk about it, I was then offered an upgrade with a fee. So, for an extra $40.00, this upgrade includes WIFI and access to the concierge lounge. You and whoever staying in your room will enjoy free non-alcoholic drinks, snacks and breakfast in the lounge located on the 9th floor. If you are a silver member of the Marriott Reward program, the fee reduces by $10.00. The lounge is very comfortable. You will find local or international newspaper, plenty of non-alcoholic beverage, and premium liquors (with a fee) to choose from, a TV with comfy leather sofa, and few tables. It has also two PCs which you will have access to print documents should you need to. Nevertheless, I am sure there will be guests who will not return to the hotel because of this issue.

I did have breakfast in the lounge. It’s a buffet style. You do get a variety of choice such as; sausages, fresh fruit, bacon, French toasts, scramble eggs, etc…The best part was that there was no line up, no one was fighting over the food, so you get to enjoy it in a non stressful environment unlike some other hotels when they offer free breakfast.

The pool and the fitness centre are located on the 8th floor. The fitness centre is well equipped, good size and if you are on the treadmill, the view looking out is not too bad despite it’s not an ocean view. The Spa centre is located inside the fitness centre. The pool isn't very big rather long and narrow. I do enjoy the whirlpool though, water in good temperature, good size and very relaxing. There is also a lift for people in wheelchair to gain access to the pool.

Overall, this is very nice hotel but it might be a little pricey if I compare with other hotels near the airport. From the valet attendant, front desk staff and the concierge lounge staff, they are great. Service is excellent. This is the most convenient hotel if you have an early flight to catch the next morning. There is no need to take a shuttle bus or taxi. In other words, location location location! I will return to this hotel next time whether or not I have a plane to catch the next morning.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade package if you need Wifi. Take the valet parking if you are driving.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Worldtluxtraveller
New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice newer hotel. Room are well appointed and modern. No noise. Clean. Comfortable bed. Free wifi. Staff is helpful. Location is amazing. Bus 747 takes you to down town. Restaurant has one of the best breakfast buffet.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

An old friend had transited the Montreal airport the month before our visit and said he was surprised at the long, slow lines for US immigration for an early flight. Since we had a 0630 departure for Philadelphia, we decided to stay at this hotel in the airport. Glad we did. After going through the departure process, I now know why the lines are so long and slow. The Montreal US Immigration employees are probably the most rude and inefficient US government civilian employees I have ever encountered and I worked with plenty during a 24 year USAF career.

The friendly young woman working hotel reception said Wi-Fi was $18 a room but offered us access to their member’s lounge on the 9th floor for $40 per room. This included the Wi-Fi, access to the lounge for unlimited complimentary soft drinks and snacks, and best of all, a buffet dinner. Pretty spectacular deal so we jumped at it. Had drinks in the hotel bar later in the evening and service there was friendly and attentive. I would definitely stay here again if departing Montreal airport in the morning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
alberta
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel that we selected due to its location at the Dorval airport. The building is attached directly to the airport terminal, thus the convenience of catching our flight without having to travel from other locations. The room was spacious, clean, had a great view of the runway. All was positive, until we discovered that internet access from our room was to cost $16 per day! So last century !!! We paid about $300 for our room; one would expect access to the internet to be included, as is the case in most hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

spent 1 night on the way out of town - incredibly convenient especially for an 8:00 am flight.
rooms were nice - quiet - and Bijou (the restaurant) was good.

Wifi is not free - however could get free wifi at Bijou.

Would highly recommend if you have an early flight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for one night before leaving on a 8am flight. I was traveling with my 85 year old mother visiting family & we had rented a car. When we pulled up to the valet area of the hotel to drop off the luggage before returning the rental car, we got the nicest young man working the valet desk. He took all of our luggage & then came with us to return the car so we didn't have to figure where it was & helped us with the car rental agency when they were less than helpful at first. Walked us back & he made sure not to walk too quickly to accommodate my mother. He continued to make sure we checked in correctly & brought our luggage up. Yes, we tipped him well but I do think he went above & beyond the call of duty.
The room was great & being able to just get in the elevator & go down to the terminal at 6am is priceless.
The only thing I was disappointed in is that wifi was $15, it did include long distance all through Canada & the US but with cell phones who really needs long distance on hotel phones? The hotel isn't cheap, they could provide free wifi, but otherwise definitely would recommend this hotel for an early flight

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lyb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#42 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!